The haircut dilemma, starring me.



4 comments
I have a roooouuuund face.  Or, heart-shaped.  Whatev.  My cheeks are round, my head is large (as you may have already learned if you read about the miracle of finding a hat that fits), and my neck isn't the long Audrey-Hepburn swan-type thingy of my dreams, but ever-so-slightly less graceful.  I'm not that girl from the Dixie Chicks who has NO neck, but I'm closer to that than Audrey... Silent tear. 
But, I digress.  I am very partial to an a-line bob.  This is the random Italian girl I stopped in Florence to harass into letting me take her picture for my future (past) Milan haircut:

I love it... Anyway, I think I look best with short hair, or with it up.  The problem is, because of my short-ish neck, when it's short enough to lay right in back, it's too short to pull back/up without having all the wispy pieces falling down, which I hate.  I also love wearing it pulled up on top of my head.  So, the question is, chop it off again, or grow it more?  I need an idea of a cool, longer hair-style that would still make me feel like a sexy beast.  Like, something with lots of personality.  I'm not sure how to do a mid-length without putting people to sleep as they pass.  Which is especially dangerous while driving.

Here are some mid-length ideas... Do these make you sleepy at all?
Row #1: No bangs       Row #2: Side-swept bangs       Row #3: Blunt bangs

I seem to equate bangs with funkiness.  Which I dig.  Which is your fave?  (Also, just as an aside, doesn't Jessica Alba look like she's about to jump someone and pull their card in that sunglasses pic?  I like it.  We rarely see the bad-a side of her.  LOL.) 

Or, do I just choppity-chop??  And, if so, I wonder how short to actually go?
Any thoughts from my fashionista sisters?  This is my face:
Me with one of my short hair cuts... I liked it, but I have been going longer in front and still short in back lately.  This is just for an idea of face shape, really.  Because I actually look like some kind of a nut in this pic... Don't judge me. ;)

4 comments:

Isabel at: March 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM said...

The same night I read your post, I watched American Idol and saw maybe the perfect hair cut for you?! It might be too short, but I really loved it on Erika and totally think you can rock it.

If not, that Italian babe's is soooo pretty! Or Charlize's, whose is just slightly longer than the picture you posted of yourself, which would be nice with your silky hair! You've got the same chin as her so go a little longer like hers! :)

http://blog.music.aol.com/2012/03/22/erika-van-pelt-makeover-american-idol/

Thoughts?

Maigen at: March 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM said...

Thanks for the input, Isabel! That Erika hair is very cute, but I think it may be a little too short for me! (I've always loved pixie styles, but they scare the crap out of me! It could either be a-maz-ing, or horrifying, and I'm too chicken to toss that coin!!)
I'm still deciding (SUCH a long process, for some reason)... but I love advice (especially from girls with gorgeous hair, like you)!! :)

Isabel at: March 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM said...

i hear ya! I'm chicken as well!

Kerry at: March 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM said...

I vote for the Nicole Richie or Jessica Alba looks. I'm partial to bangs.

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...