I Own, I Want, I Wish: Maxi Dresses



3 comments
Welcome to a new little diddy called I Own, I Want, I Wish. This edition is going to focus on the glorious maxi dress. Yes, that genius design that allows for easy breezy comfort year 'round. I'm sort of obsessed with maxi dresses at the moment (and by moment I mean the past 1.5 years), because they are such a fantastic wardrobe solution for those days when I feel like I have nothing wear. But most importantly, they allow a shorty like me to look longer and taller... thanks to a good pair of 4-5" inch wedges to boost my height and keep my hemline from dragging. I actually had someone refer to me as "statuesque" in one of these bad boys. 5'0" me statuesque?! I'll take one in every color and pattern, please! Thanks.

Now let's shop to it. Below are maxi dresses that I own, dresses that I want {and I wouldn't mind whipping my debit card out to purchase}, and dresses that I could only wish to own.
Left to right: Short Sleeve Maxi Dress in Blue Aztec {on sale!}; J Crew Maxi Dress {purchased Spring '11 and no longer available, but they do have a Factory version available}; Lush Knit Maxi Dress; Harmonious Pairing Chemise {no longer available}; Turnaround Chemise {no longer available}; Tank Maxi Dress; Three-Quarter Sleeve Fitted Maxi

Left to right: JCrew Sasha Dress in Bright Flame; C&C California Colorblocked Tank Dress {and the rad necklace that I have a killer crush on paired with it here}; Tie Dye Dress; Splendid Racerback Stripe Dress; Color Blocked Dress {only $14.50!}; Ella Moss Ikat Dress; Free People Chambray Maxi Dress

Left to right: Paper Crown Clove Long Sleeve Colorblock Dress; M Missoni Knit Tank Dress; Rachel Pally Lita Dress; Patterson J. Kincaid Mista Ruffle Dress {the orange sash is killing me, smalls}; DVF Abigail Dress; ALICE by Temperely Long Yasmine Dress {I'd feel like a ray of sunshine in this one}; ISSA Printed Long Kimono Dress


Which is your favorite? Can't choose just one? Me, either. But if you twisted my arm and made me, I'd purchase the C&C California Colorblock Tank Dress and that awesome Adia Kiburn Chain & Neon Braided Necklace right. this. second. Holla!


3 comments:

Maigen at: March 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM said...

I want them ALL! And, unfortunately, the one my heart beats most wildly for is the ISSA long kimono print dress! Gorg! :)
(PS: I, too, think you need that colorblock dress & necklace... Will that help you justify your purchase any? ;))

Kerry at: March 31, 2012 at 11:26 PM said...

You'd look amazing in that ISSA dress!

And yes, your support does help to justify my purchase! I'll be sure to let D know you backed me!

Isabel at: April 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM said...

I kinda like that tie dyed dress since it's monochromatic! Not what I expected from the description.

I think you need to rock that color block dress (14.50) -too cute! Actually, BOTH of those color blocked dresses! DO IT DO IT! You've got 3 yesses - you're going through! To "Treat Yo Self!"

The bright flame color dress is an AMAZING color and that killer necklace is...KILLER!!!! Great finds at some great prices!

I really want a classic neutral maxi and then that orange Missoni one to start me out :) After that, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stop.

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...