I's Monthly Love: March Edition



3 comments
My monthly love is gushing over Elizabeth Messina's fashion/bridal photography.  Her style and images work well with the sweet vintage looks of Anthropologie or Ruche.  She's been featured in loads of online and print magazines as well as all over the internet retail sites.  Her lighting is soft, but bright; her backgrounds subtly textured, and her poses (like the knee hug on a chair) highlight the draping of the fabric and the lines of the body.  She manages to capture the small touches that make an image whimsical and emotion evoking.  I can't stop dissecting them!  They're posed, but not static.  Everything looks "real".




I've been drawn lately into really feminine and "pretty" looks, but my own personal style is so far from it.  I wonder why that is so?  Maybe I'm getting sucked into the vintage photo trend and it's subconsciously telling me that "I'm supposed to like it.  I'm supposed to photograph this way."  How much of it is my actual photo taking "vision" and how much of it is just following a trend?  Stick around and we'll see! :)


What kind of fashion photography do you prefer?
Bold and modern? (like Express, runway looks)
Preppy and classic? (like J.Crew, LOFT)
Analogue Vintage? (like Urban Outfitters)
Avant Garde? (like BHDLN)
Pretty Vintage? (like Ruche)


3 comments:

Kerry at: March 31, 2012 at 3:07 PM said...

Elizabeth Messina's work = stunning!

I know this is totally self-indulgent, but I really want to put on my wedding dress and take photos like this with you! Especially that one where she's sitting with her knees to her chest on the bench. I'm totally being serious. You in?

Isabel at: March 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM said...

You know I would be all over that! Both of you get in your dresses! For serious!

Maigen at: March 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM said...

I love these pics... And from the preview of your pics that you sent, I think you are an amazing photog, too! :)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...