Maigen Cruise 2012



2 comments
I am so excited!  On Saturday (loooong before the crack of dawn), I am flying to Florida to catch a ride on a cruise ship!  My best friend, K, from college (who I haven't seen in YEARS) and I will be on Royal Caribbean "Freedom of the Seas", stopping in Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and a private isle in Haiti.  I wanted some fabulous cruisewear, but for a girl on a BUDGet.  I was thinking lots of navy and white, with splashes of color here and there.  K is way excited that I decided to go with a theme.  I just think, how many times in my life will I have such a great excuse to go ALL NAUTICAL, ALL THE TIME???

If I can manage not to burn my epidermis to a crisp the first day, ruining my cruise (not to mention my creamy white skin), I will get to enjoy my cruisewear!  Instead of sitting in a bathtub filled with ice and aloe for 7 days, reading design mags and eating cold pizza (which is, I'm sad to say, a realistic possibility), I would like to wear this while running around on deck and beach:

1) Mossimo Supply Co Colorblock Maxi Dress {to dinner one night with a cardi and then possibly as a cover-up another day}
2) Merona Women's Twist Front Tankini Swim Top  in Black {SUPER flattering}
 3) Old Navy Women's String Bikini Bottoms in Red Print {LOVE the rope design}
 4) Old Navy Women's Jersey Lounge Pants in navy and white stripe {for lounging and wearing with tanks poolside}
 5) My cat-eye sunnies will look so cute with big floppy straw hats {here is this fabulous J Crew pair}
6) Mossimo Supply Co. Straw Fedora – Turquoise
 7) Old Navy Women’s Chunky Knit Cardigan to throw on with a white tank and white pants, or over whatever if it's chilly at night
 8) Old Navy Retro-Flare Sailor Pants in Marshmallow {these are FULL ON sailor pants.  Holla!}
9) Audrey Brooke Addy Wedge Sandals aren't too tall, but offer that bling I crave
 10)Sinful Colors Nail Polish in “Dream On” {I'm sad, this pic doesn't do the color justice at all.  It's almost a flourescent purple, violety and fabulous!}
 11)  Mossimo Women's Stripe Tankini Swim Top in indigo night {to which I added some thick navy straps}
 12) Mossimo Women's Mock Side-Tie Swim Bottom in grass green
13) Giani Bernini Sterling Silver Starfish Stud Earrings
Of course, I had to make a board of what I would wear if money were no object, size didn't matter (I don't want to scar any young children with my what-can-easily-be-obscene-if-not-quite-covered-enough chest... hmm... nor my not-quite-fitness-model physique.  My sister G has a hilarious adage, something about "cottage cheese in a zip-loc baggie."  Hey, I'm working on it.  And by "working on it," I mean wishing really hard and enjoying some brie.  JK, I really am working on it), and  the immutable laws of time didn't bar me from snatching up some items that have long since sold out!


1) Anthropologie Kamini Swimsuit which wouldn't offer me enough fabric, sad to say.  SO adorable!
 2) J Crew Pearl & Coral Necklace I love the juxtaposition of pearl and coral!
 3) DVF Iniko Beach printed silk kaftan Too pricey for my budget right now, but fab pattern and color!
 4) Orly Genger by Jaclyn Mayer Harlequin Earrings {which Isabel found and I totally copied on Pinterest!  Great eye, girl!}
 5) Carolina Herrera spring/summer 2012 I LOVE this whole look from New York Fashion “Fashion Puts a Bird on It"
6) Gucci 18K Gold Small Bamboo Bangle Bracelet Enough said.
 7) MICHAEL Michael Kors Marina Large Printed Tote {no longer available, sigh}
 8) Tory Burch Tarlen Wedge Awesome.  I am crushing on these wedges.
 9) J Crew Anchors aweigh skirted tank one-piece is so wonderfully nautical!
 10) Opal Crisscross Wedge Sandal
 11) SONIA BY SONIA RYKIEL Amarante & Copper Jersey & Silk Dress Ooh, la, la colors.
 12) Miu Miu Bow-embellished bandeau swimsuit The color is lovely, but I'm afraid from far away I would look very nuuude.  It matches my skin exactly. I think I just totally gave myself a round-about complement ("color lovely" "matches exactly") but, such is life.   
13) Splendid Maritime Stripe Maxi Dress is too cute, but I just can't justify another maxi dress for this trip!
I will post pics when I get back, hopefully sans skin cancer and neither drowned nor pirated.  Nor beheaded in Mexico.  We'll all see...

*I just looked at this post and it's SICK how much I prefer the board I can't afford!

2 comments:

Isabel at: April 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM said...

Fabulous style, girl! The colors in your maxi are stunning and the striped cardigan amazing. You are gonna look so hot! That nude swimsuit is adorable, btw!

Go and have fun - enjoy all of it!!!

Kerry at: April 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM said...

I love that nail polish! The DVF kaftan is a must, and those Tory Burch wedges are amazing.

Bon Voyage! We'll miss you! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...