Style That Item: Isabel's Hawaiian Sarong



3 comments

When Isabel took a trip to Hawaii with her family a summer or two ago, she snagged this beautiful sarong seen below. She's had trouble styling it, and thus hasn't gotten much wear out of it. Here's my take on styling her item!
First things first: I love this sarong! I think the colors are beautiful, the pattern is indicative of the land of Aloha without being over-the-top cliche-touristy, and it's so soft. Like I want to wear it allthetime soft. Good job, Isabel! You can bet that I'll be showing this sarong to my mom so that she can snag one for me the next time she goes to Hawaii.



Here's how I would wear it...
1. I styled the sarong as a skirt with a simple white tee, thick brown belt from Anthropologie {alternative}, and my beloved brown Rosegold sandals {alternative}. Because the sarong is made of a quality, non-thin and non-seethrough material, it can totally be worn out-and-about as a skirt, without fear of bearing your skivvies to the world.
2. I styled the sarong as a faux vest with my JCrew Factory End-on-End Camp Chambray shirt {here}, my Gap mid-weight sexy boyfriend jeans {here in a different wash}, a studded thin belt from JCrew Factory {alternative}, a very old Banana Republic yellow clutch {alternative} and my Rosegold sandals again.
3. I styled the sarong as a scarf and paired it with my JCrew Merriweather Jacket {here}, a simple white tee, AG Stevie Ankle Jeans {alternative}, and Target Xhilaration Teresa Espadrille Wedges {here}. I really love the colors in the sarong with the kelly green jeans!



Now here are some suggestions on how I think Isabel should rock the sarong. I have to say that she has the cutest, teeny-tiny figure and looks good in everything! I decided to pick out items that show off her best features. First up are shorts/tee/sandals outfits that I think the sarong would look awesome with worn as a scarf. Isabel has great legs, so girl needs to show them gams off! She loves flats, so I was sure to pair these ensembles with sandals she'd be comfortable in no matter what she's doing. 
3. Steve Madden Sutttle Sandal in cognac multi
6. Thomas-2 by Pierre Dumas sandals in yellow



Second up are three cute and comfy sundresses. Isabel has an itty-bitty waist, so I was sure to choose dresses that would compliment her waistline. I think using the scarf as a wrap to assist her in keeping warm in cooler indoor spaces or outdoors at night when it gets chilly would be a great use and compliment to her outfit. {And of course she could use it as a scarf with these suggestions, too!}





Though I know this edition of Style That Item is focused on fashion, I couldn't resist the idea of using the sarong as home decor. My suggestion is to cut it up into smaller sections that best highlight the pattern and frame them. I really love the idea of grouping the frames together, but I think it would also work well to separate them and use them in different spaces around her house. That way a little bit of the islands will be with Isabel wherever she goes.


IKEA Ribba Frame in white (square version)
Paint color suggestion: Benjamin Moore Rumba Orange




The more I play around with Isabel's sarong, the more I realize how limitless the possibilities are! I could have come up with tons more outfit ideas, but I'm pretty sure my beloved D would like to see me sometime. I can't wait to see what Maigen and Isabel do with it later this week.

How would you style Isabel's sarong?

3 comments:

Maigen at: April 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM said...

Love it! So many great ideas! I particularly like the faux vest! :)

Isabel at: April 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM said...

Oh my! These are AWESOME ideas!!! I never thought about the vest idea! And your framing project is different (and better) than what I was imagining when you mentioned it on Saturday. Way to go - you blew it away and I'm gonna have a hard time making my post!

hasanahtex sarongs at: August 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM said...

SOLO, CENTRAL JAVA, INDONESIA
We Are Supplier and exporter of Indonesian Sarongs, Sterling Silver Jewelry , Clothing.

CV.Hasanahtex is a wholesaler Indonesian handbags and Jewelry manufacturer : your wholesale Indonesia partner since 1994. Weather you are looking for handicrafts, fashion clothes, fashion jewellery, wholesale fashion handbags, Jewelry Wholesale, Woman Accessories Purses and Bags, Suppliers Bali Java, Supply Products from Indonesia, Asian Products Export, Indonesian Company and Manufacturing you will find here.

Wholesale silver jewelry, the best quality, and the best price. Made in Indonesia. Many of our designs are unique and available exclusively at Hasanahtex Sarongs. There are currently over 500 items listed with thousands of variations available. Everything is quality checked, hand picked, great priced, uniquely designed and specially hand crafted. You will find we are highly specialized in offering Batik Sarongs, Batik Clothing, Sterling Silver Jewelry, Beads and Art. We are open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year for your shopping convenience.

Check our collection for more details. We have over 1000+ designs of Batik Sarongs.
http://cvhasanahtex.com
Email: hasanahtex@hotmail.com
Skype: CV Hasanah Sarongs and Garment

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...