Style That Item: Isabel's William Rast for Target Vest



1 comments
Good morning! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend! I spent mine squeezing in some quality time with D in between his finals studying sessions, meeting with M and I and developing some exciting new blog features!, celebrating my mom's birthday, and cuddling with my newest nephew, little baby O! Ah, I love that little guy!


Now it's on to another week, and another Style That Item feature. This week we'll be flexing our styling muscles with Isabel's William Rast for Target utility vest. It's no longer available, but here's an alternative for petite ladies since CrewCuts sizing can run large enough for us. Also, I know I've seen adult-sized options in store at JCrew Factory lately, they're just no longer online for me to link to. By the way, this is always the time of year that I have a hankering for a utility vest and feel like I can never find one. Anyone else notice that, too?

Here's how I styled Iz's vest using items from my own closet.













Top {alternative}, jeans, shoes, earrings {in fluorescent green, which is sadly no longer available}




Tee {alternative}, skirt, earrings, necklace {alternative}, bracelet {alternative}, sandals {alternative}



Next up are some suggestions for how I think Isabel should wear her vest. First, is a comfortable ensemble that will keep Isabel looking stylish while keeping cool in the Texas heat this summer. I envision her running errands in this little get-up. I love the look of neon {the specific color name is lizard - how fun is that?!} with the army green hue of the vest. The Madewell bracelets are a fun collection of bangles, which tie in with the gold accents from the studded t-strap sandals, and my current necklace crush, no make that OBSESSION: Tory Burch's Serpent Pendant necklace. I'm not a huge fan of snakes, but I love the look of this necklace. I think it's the Italian Horn that the snake wraps around that really has me under a necklace love spell. Swooooooon.



Second is a little nautical number. Isabel is a lover of all things nautical, so I had to incorporate this aesthetic into the outfit sets. I love the classic red and navy stripes of this Madewell top, and I think it's a timeless and versatile piece that Isabel could have in her closet forever {read: BUY IT, I!}. Paired with some cropped white skinny jeans {again, not a look for every body-type, but Isabel can pull it off without a care}, we have ourselves a nice nautical foundation for this outfit. The wedges incorporate a little bit of a tribal feel, but can also read nautical with the chevron stripes. As one part of a large height differential couple myself {I'm 14 inches shorter than D}, I think R would appreciate the little boost that these wedges will give to Iz's height. The classic gold watch and, of course, my latest favorite necklace complete the outfit, helping Isabel to look effortlessly nautical. Ahoy, Iz!



The third look incorporates neon accents and the white cropped skinny jeans again, but also adds this gorgeously saturated blue tee from Gap. {I recently purchased this in the same color and I can vouch that the color is just as vibrant and rich in person. It is stunning!} I love the tribal pattern of these Rebecca Minkoff sandals, and I think if Iz rolled up the cropped skinny jeans to make them even a bit more cropped, it would look especially adorable with the way these sandals wrap around the ankle. The Madewell beaded pendant necklace is perfection, and the DVF bag adds some unexpected pattern {I'm trying to mix patterns a little bit more, but I'm not sure I got it as right as Maigen always does!} I think this outfit would be great for Isabel to wear to go grab some dinner with her girlfriends.   



Last up is a fun and flirty look that I think would be perfect for a date night with Iz's beloved. I love the idea of this girly F21 floral dress paired with the more masculine vibe of Isabel's utility vest. The gray wedges are a favorite in the perfectly funky department; I love the cutout in the platform heel and the pop of neon yellow in the toe bed. The Rebecca Minkoff Moonstruck bag is definitely an "If I Were a Rich Girl" dream bag. Sigh. I love the coral/peachy hue and the gorgeous golden iridescence on the front flap. The bangles add some more iridescent shimmer, and no outfit would be complete with that Tory Burch necklace.  

Which look is your favorite? How would you style I's William Rast for Target vest?



1 comments:

Maigen at: May 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM said...

Love this post, K! You look fab-u-lous, and I am LOVING your big pendant necklace!! (Also, loving the dream necklace, too!) That nautical look is to die for! And, nice print mixing ;) A+!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...