Style that Item: my BR necklace



1 comments


Good morning!! And do you know why it's morning?  Hmmmmmmm?  Because I am a procrastinator and spent all day over-packing {I told Isabel I need to join "Over-Packers Anonymous."  Does that exist?} for my cruise.  Which I drive to the airport for in, oh about 3.5 hours.  But, I wanted to finish my post for the week, even though all you lovelies won't see it until Wednesday!  So, here it is! 
I got this cool ambery-brown colored "stone" {read: plastic} and gold {read: not gold} necklace at the good ol' Banana Republic outlet a while back, but still haven't worn it!  I just can't seem to find anything I own that I like with it!  Which is why this post won't include any of my own clothes, but just ideas of things that I really, really like with it that I can perhaps copy with things I own {my wardrobe needs a good once-over, plus, I need to get my "summer clothes" out of storage-- which is what happens when a girl with a fairly extensive wardrobe lives in a 770 sq. foot apt, haha} or get {often times cheaper} versions of.  Yes, I'm talking about you, Prada pumps and Armani dress.  I'm sorry, but you won't be able to come to my house.  At least not in this lifetime.  I know you're disappointed.  So am I.  :(
So, here are some ideas! 
I think the necklace would look really good with a cool dress.  And cool dresses were plentiful on the interwebs tonight.  I narrowed it down to the coolest for ya.  ;)  See here:

Left: Anthropologie Pave Button Posts in green {obsessed! Very reasonably priced, too!};  
I'm dying over this Armani Collezioni Abstract Koi Print Dress {I went ahead and linked in case some lucky lady reading this can justify buying Armani}; Banana Republic Natasha Clutch in Palomino; Prada Patent Leather Peep Toe Pumps in yellow {hot.  That's all I need to say.} 
Middle: I loooove this Anne Klein V-Neck Print Silk Maxi Dress; J Crew Featherweight cashmere cardigan in copper {please disregard the polka-dot shirt, if you can!}; I like the color combo with the Vince Camuto George Hobo in Jade; also, some fun little shoes!  Urban Outfitters Marais USA Espadrille Wedge in Blush
Right: Milly 'Gustavia' Ikat Print Halter Dress; B Makowsky Summer Crossbody bag in stone; Anthro Twisted & Tangled Cuff {this reminds me of "The Neverending Story." In fact, I bought a very similar one at Banana Republic a while back for that very reason!}; Dolce Vita Helen Espadrille Wedge in Red
The next ideas are all centered around the J Crew Talitha Blouse in Bohemian Red, with the Frye Brooke Envelope in Chocolate Vintage Leather.  I just really like these things together, and especially with the necklace!  Plus, I needed a reason to go all Andy Warhol on you! 
From left to right.

Look 1: with a Leopard-print Haircalf Skinny Belt which I wish I had because it's so versatile; Anthro Artisan Metallic Wrap Watch & Golden Tassel Bracelet; Paige 'Jimmy Jimmy' Skinny Boyfriend Jeans {Carrine Wash}; Boutique 9 Women's Cesena Wedge Pump in Purple

Look 2: Anthropologie Sky Rocket Earrings {another goodie that is affordable!... And... now I'm singing "My Goodies" in my head!}; sported with the desirable Selima Sun for J.Crew Belle sunglasses in Bright Kiwi; with the blouse tucked into the J Crew Hutton trench trouser in linen in white; and my FAVE J Crew Viv Striped flats {yes, this outfit was sponsored by J Crew.  No, not really, but it seems like it, no?} 

Look 3: Anthro Alicanto Hoops; blouse tucked into the amazing Anthropologie Andros Wide Legs in yellow (SHA-ZAM!); Audrey Brooke Halli Wedge Sandal in cognac {Covet!  These are a good 'maybe' for actually getting at some point.}

Look 4: My 'cool {and slightly dangerous} nerd' look: Ray Ban RX5121 Original Wayfarer Eyeglasses, which I reeeaaally want; KUT from the Kloth Denim Jacket {glad I saved my pretty cute denim jacket from like 1999, I don't usually do that, but it was hard to give up because something about it reminds me of Madonna when she was AWESOME!  [I mean, she's still pretty cool, but her arms are starting to freak me out a little.]}; J Crew No. 2 pencil skirt in Pop Art polka dot, which I can't even express how very much I love; Sam Edelman "Lorissa" Pumps, for when a girl needs to kick some behind!

So, that's it.  Goodnight.  Or good morning.  Or good whenever you are reading this!  I'll just be sunning myself, drinking a diet Dr. Pepper and reading "Elle Decor" on the lido deck.  ;)

1 comments:

Kerry at: April 27, 2012 at 10:17 PM said...

LOVING all of the Talitha blouse options! Gorgeous hue!!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...