For My Sister: New Mommy Outfit Ideas



4 comments
My sister recently mentioned her need for some style guidance now that she has an infant. She feels like she's always schlepping around the house in pjs or jeans and ts. While comfort and function {ahem, easy access for breastfeeding} are non-negotiable necessities, she still wants to feel cute when she's home with her little man, especially if she needs to leave at the drop of a hat to run an errand or play hostess to a visiting family member or friend. 

I've realized a lot about how clothing choices need to change once you have a baby. The softer the clothing, the better; it's just not practical to wear a textured necklace or a sequined top around that precious baby skin. This hasn't been a difficult transition for my sister, the effortless, natural beauty out of the two of us. {The other day as O was looking at my face, my mom said to him, "It's Mom with makeup!" because my sister and I do look alike, but I'm always a bit more done up than my sister.} While fabric choices and some of the fuss of accessorizing needs to be eliminated when one is hanging at home with a babe on a daily basis, the need for looking cute does not. Keeping with my sister's effortless style, I focused on soft, simple, fairly inexpensive pieces that could be easily interchanged amongst each other and also work well with what she already has in her closet.

Without further adieu, here are four looks that I think will keep my sister comfortable, cute, and ready to take on any mommy task with style and ease! 

Outfit #1: My sister has a similar checked blouse from F21, and I think it would be cute if she tied it at her waist. I can say with confidence that this Gap jersey skirt is super soft and comfortable, as I recently purchased a few items from Gap made of the same material. This color is an an incredibly versatile neutral that will work with everything in her closet. I really like the little print on the cute headband, and you can't go wrong with a pair of neutral flat sandals, especially for $18!




Outfit #2: My heart went pitter-patter when I saw this precious polka dot dress. I think it'll be especially cute paired with this cardigan, a staple for my sister who gets chilly so easily. The striped flats add a some visual interest with the pattern, but are neutral enough to not be too crazy for my sister. 




Outfit #3 gives my sister a few tshirt options. I love them paired with these gauzy pants. Simple perfection.




For this last set, I chose a romper and a kimono sleeved dress, both of which are v-necks for quick access for a hungry little guy. These simple pieces can be taken up a notch with the infinity scarves {I think you can mix and match the scarves with the romper and dress} and this great pair of braided metallic flats. 


My favorite part about the pieces I featured is that each of them can be interchanged with one another; the possibilities of mixing and matching are endless! I hope this helps, sister!



4 comments:

Maigen at: May 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM said...

I want those breezy pants! Super!

KLee at: May 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM said...

Yes, it does help! Good timing too, Mother's Day excuse...I have some shopping to do!

Isabel at: May 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM said...

One stylin' mom! I'm SOO glad you did a post about this; you know ladies always want to be that cute mom you see out and about. You Marino girls are lucky that you look great in anything!

Kerry at: May 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM said...

Thanks, Iz! You should see my sister - she looks amazing post baby! She has already been forewarned that she'll be my nutritionist and trainer when I'm pregnant. She knows how to do it right!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...