I'm sure part of it is not only am I gift challenged but I'm also time challenged. Perhaps I'd have a better chance of being a pleasant gifter if I wouldn't wait until the very last minute! Anyhoo, here's what I came up with for my mom for Mother's Day. Word of caution: they're reaaaaaally practical and not the least bit creative or splurgy...
1. FHI Runway. Yes, it's a silly straightener, but my mom loves to have her hair straightened whenever she gets it cut and it always looks fantastic that day! Like most people, it's always difficult to recreate the locks you love at home, but this one should do the trick! I think it's time to upgrade her current straightener (CHI) to the best one on the market, plus it'll protect her coarser hair from heat damage when you combine it with NuStyle Organic Hair Smoothing Serum
2. NuStyle Organic Hair Smoothing Serum is perfect for keeping nasty chemicals away from mom. Plus, it's safer and less likely to pollute our ground water, made from all natural ingredients, and practices sustainability. After reading Kerry's post though, I'm really liking the Josie Maran line! That packaging/branding is beyootiful! Thanks for finding that, K! You still have time to Save 10% on the entire Josie website by using code: lovemom
Good through May 13, 2012.
3. Viva Day Spa in Austin, TX has some great packages for mom that include scrubs, wraps, scalp rejuvenation, oils...SO GOOD! I had the pleasure of having a well pampered session with them last February and LOVED IT! Everyone should go to the spa more! We might be happier people! My mom works tirelessly all week long and then runs around on the weekends doing case studies or forensic reports or garderning or cheering on the Mavs. The spa is BEAUTIFUL, smells fantastic, and has some great showers. Somebody should do an interiors tour of their little place! The fam is heading down to Austin in late June for my bro's orientation, so that might be a great time for her to relax and celebrate that she's raised such a successful son. Also, she just offered the upstairs section of her house to her aunt so the time, effort, and adjustment period of a new family member is well worth a spa trip!
4. EbookFling for the literature mom could be great for fast leisure readers. It's a digital lending site where anybody can lend books to anybody else. Each successful lend that YOU give, earns you a free download! Right now, Gilt has it for 12 ebooks/year to download for $12, but it's usually $36 so hurry! This will give mom a chance to read that latest book she keeps hearing about. The only catch is that you only get the book for 14 days, so mom better read fast!
My close friend, Wenny, got married last weekend (hence the absence from the blog - sorry!) and here are some gift ideas for bridesmaids to spoil the blushing bride with!
1. La Sardina St. Tropez 35mm Camera would be a beauty to tug along for honeymooning time! The beauty of film is that you have to wait for your photos to develop. I can't tell you how amazing it is to open that package from the mail and see what you've created. It's better than any of my Christmas mornings! :)
2. Lisbeth Dahl Cosmetic Bag is the prettiest little ruffly thing I've ever seen! It could double as a wedding day clutch or work as a makeup bag. Or this one is very pretty too! Champagne Rose Purse by HeidiCreations
3. Chantal Robe (no longer available) would be so posh to sit around in as the bride gets all dolled up. I'm SOOO in love with it! If ANYBODY finds one for sale ANYWHERE, please tell me ASAP!
4. Makeup Forever HD Complexion Starter Kit for the bride who wants to do her own makeup (like Wenny). I'll be doing a review of this kit later on in the month, but I can say one thing - it works SO well and so far Makeup Forever has been 2 for 2 with me! I love their blush and now am a fan of their foundation!
5. Sexy Time And of course, the girl friends can't forget about the lingerie! We debated whether we should rock her boat and get really sexy or go a little more practical and have something comfortable she would feel sexy in but still enjoy wearing throughout the night as sleepwear. Sadly, I can't find the exact thing we bought her online, (we found it at the Domain location in Austin) but BOY was it incredibly soft! It was made of jersey I think, but still sweet and oh-la-la! I couldn't stop touching it! Here's a little mashup I sent the other bridesmaids with some lingerie options. For myself, I particularly like the prettiness of the first and fourth ones on the second row, but I don't think I'd like the wired cups. I guess you're only wearing it for a little bit huh? *wink*
My dear friends happen to be fantastic gift givers, so I'm one lucky girl to learn from them. I can add Maigen and Kerry to the list too now because their gift posts are fabulous!