Kerry, Kerry Quite Contrary {May DIY Challenge}



6 comments
How does your garden grow? Why, in my new fabric covered pots!

No, these gorgeous pots below aren't mine. They were my inspiration. Could you just die over that fabric? I'm making all kinds of grabby hands at it. In my search for a similar fabric, I didn't come across anything quite like this, but I'm pretty pleased with what I found. {Thanks, Joann!}

Photo from my Pinterest {and pinned from Maigen}


My fabric choices are a little DVF-esque, if I may take the liberty at saying so. They're definitely giving off a hefty tropical vibe, perfect for getting me amped up for summer. 
I used good old Modge Podge {left over from a previous project Isabel and I worked on for a friend last summer}, 1 small terra cotta pot {purchased 50% off at Hobby Lobby for a grand total of 68 cents}, 1 medium terra cotta pot {purchased 50% off at Hobby Lobby for a grand total of $1.06}, and 1/2 a yard of each fabric {purchased for around $5.00 at Joann Fabric}. I still have plenty of fabric left over, so you definitely won't need that much; 1/4 of a yard of each would do for similar sized pots.

The original post that the Pinterest inspiration photo eventually links to had the directions in paragraph form. I'm a visual learner, so it took me a little bit of playing around with my materials to find the best way to make the pots. Hopefully my visual step-by-step will assist those other visual learners out there. Here's a breakdown of how I made my pots.








Now here are some gratuitous shots of my finished pots.





So there you have it! Two cutely covered fabric flower pots primed for some plants.* I would shy away from putting these in the exposed outdoors, as the Modge Podge would lose its sticking power once it rains. I'll be placing mine on my covered porch by my front door, because it's deep enough that the elements won't reach {and ultimately destroy} my pots. 


*The larger pot was much easier to cover and work with than the smaller one, which seemed to provide more opportunities for error due to not having as much surface area.

**Post Edit: I realized {thanks, Mom!} that I referred to "Mod Podge" as "Modge Podge" about a million times in this post. Apparently I can't read container labels correctly as it clearly says "Mod Podge" in bright pink and orange letters. Sorry!



6 comments:

Miss Retta at: May 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM said...

Oh so fun! I'll take one of each, please!!

Isabel at: May 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM said...

I love the visual steps! They look fantastic!

Maigen at: May 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM said...

I love these! SUCH great fabric choices, of course! :)

Maigen at: May 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM said...

The more I see these pots, the more obsessed I become! They are so stunning!

Kerry at: May 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM said...

Aww... thank you, thank you! xoxo

I just bought more fabric yesterday because I'm obsessed with making them! It's just too easy!

cashmama at: June 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM said...

Kerry,

I can't stop looking at my pot.. these are awesome...

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...