Kerry's Mother's Day Gift Guide



2 comments
With Mother's Day less than a week away, it's time to get on our gift horses and find that special something for the sweet mommas in our lives!

First up are some gift ideas for my sister, who became a new mom again recently.
1 :Mo Willems Books: Mo is one of my sister's favorite children's book authors. I know she has fond memories sharing his books with her daughter, and I'm sure she can't wait to read them to her new little man. His Pigeon books are so cute, so The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? and The Pigeon Wants a Puppy! would be great additions to Baby O's growing library. My personal favorite Mo Willem's book is Leonardo the Terrible Monster. It's easily one of my all-time favorite children's books, and I know Baby O will love it, too.
2 :Bobbi Brown Beach Body Oil: The reviews say this product literally smells like the beach, and since a beach vacation with a new little guy isn't going to happen this year, I decided to bring the beach to my sister's skin. She can live vicariously through it's smell. I imagine this smelling like a product that we were both obsessed with that sadly no longer exists: John Frieda's Beach Waves Spray.
3 :Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes: Josie Maran products are made using Organic Argan Oil. It's my new obsession after buying and using this shampoo and conditioner and seeing what a dramatic difference it made in my hair after 1 use. In search of more Argan Oil products, I came across Josie Maran and the rest is history. These wipes will be perfect for those nights and mornings when my sister feels like she hardly has any time to wash her face. Plus they're eco-friendly being biodegradable, and a portion of every package sold goes toward helping save polar bears. Love.
4 :Sabon Relaxing Massage Oil: Get your hands ready, brother-in-law! This massage oil's base in Grape Seed Oil, a favorite of my sister's. What better way to help unwind after a long day than splashing a little of this in the bathtub, or being treated to a back rub?
5 :ERGObaby Organic Cotton Baby Carrier: I will admit that this is a bit of a selfish gifting idea. You see, Baby O and I are going to get to spend quite a bit of quality time together this summer, and I know this bad boy will come in handy for not just my sister, but me too. He's not much of one for sitting still, thanks to my sister being constantly on the go during her entire pregnancy and in life in general. This will allow my sister {and me} to multitask with Baby O in tow. I love the funky 70s feel to the print, and you gotta love that it's made from organic cotton.
6 :BlaBla Grass Pillow Set: This precious pillow duo will make my sister and her little man smile. It reminds me of the cute grass drying rack that she uses for O's bottles, and another random memory: The fresh cut grass GapBody scented container she had in her room back in the day. Do you remember that, K? 


Next up are gift ideas for my mom. She's Maui bound once again this summer {for 17 days; insert jealousy} to celebrate her 10 year wedding anniversary. I think these little sussies are sure to hit it big with her! 
1 :Plastic Island Sangria Print Kimono Sleeve Cape: This piece is so versatile and I know my mom will swoon over the print. She can easily wear it casually out to lunch, to a more formal dinner, and as a coverup. Envisioning her taking a stroll down the beach with this billowing in the ocean breeze behind her makes me instantly envious. 
2 :Sixter Scarf Necklace: This is such a cute accessory! It reminds me of the tshirt scarf/necklaces that we made, only a little more jazzed up. My mom has a very colorful wardrobe, so this neutral gray will be a great addition to any of her pieces.
3 :Josie Maran Argan Sun Protection for Body: Long days at the beach and galavanting around in the Hawaiian sun call for a great sunscreen. My newfound love for Argan Oil manifests itself again in this fabulous product. 
4 :JCrew Factory Classic Straw Hat: I own this hat and it served me well when D and I were in Palm Beach last summer. Mom will look fashionable while keeping her face and hair extra protected. I can also attest that this hat packs really well; a big plus!
5 :TOMS Crochet Slip-Ons: The gorgeous coral tone of these cutely crocheted TOMS caught my eye, and I instantly knew my mom would love them. She's been pondering a TOMS purchase for quite some time, and I think these would make an awesome introductory pair. These little pretties will keep her feet comfortable and cool as she walks about the island.
6 :Rebecca Minkoff 'Kerry Cheetah' Print Pouch: Never one to shy away from animal print, I think this little pouch will be a perfect travel accessory for my mom, allowing her to carry around her essentials without the fuss of a large bag. Plus, the product name is my very own name that she bestowed upon me... as if she needs anymore convincing of this pouch being just right for her.




Finally, here are some gift ideas for me. While my only technical qualifier in Mommy-wood is being a puppy mommy, as women we're all innate nurturers and should be celebrated on this special day, children or no children. D and I have never shied away from celebrating one another's capacity for being a mother or a father, and have always given gifts to one another on Mother's Day and Father's Day. If you don't already do this, I suggest you do. It's a great time to give your significant other a little extra love!
1 :Jonathan Adler Universal SmartPhone Dock: My current phone charging situation leaves much cuteness to be desired. I love this old-school docking station.
2 :JCrew Triple Stripe Necklace: I love the touch of orange {tropical mango to be exact} and touch of sparkle. I think this necklace would be a fun way to add a pop of color and sparkle to any outfit.
3 :Mini Hibachi: When D and I went to Palm Beach last summer, we stayed at the Ritz and enjoyed a delightful make your own s'mores dessert served with a mini hibachi. We had the best time roasting our marshmallows over our own personal flame. It would be so fun to have one that we could whip out to use at our heart's content {and especially on those nights when we decide a little indoor camping is in order}.
4 :ZGallerie Orange and Cream ZigZag Throw: I think this throw would add a fun pop of pattern to our living room. I checked it out in store this weekend, and it's perfectly lightweight, making it great for our too hot summers and not too cold winters. I'll take two. Thanks.
5 :Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum: Surprise! Another Argan Oil product. It'll keep my hair in tip-top shape during the summer, which is probably the most damaging season to my hair thanks to the abundance of chlorine and sun exposure my hair gets. My hair also tends to frizz big time thanks to the dreadful Texas humidity, but I could say goodbye to frizz and hello to hydration and rejuvenation thanks to this product. 
6 :Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer: This illuminizer would give my skin a "radiant, luminous, lit-from-within glow that lasts all day" - sign me up, y'all!



Not to be forgotten is my sentimental, sweet mother-in-law. She'll be gifted an iPhoto photo album of our recent Disneyland/Southern California Christmas celebration together! We made her one last Mother's Day {filled with professional family photos and quotes about families} and it was a hit, so we're sure to score again this year! Go us!

What are you gifting to the special moms in your lives this year?




2 comments:

KLee at: May 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM said...

Great finds!
I heart Moe!
I cannot believe you remembered my GapBody grass scented candle! I totally forgot about that!

Maigen at: May 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM said...

1) "The Pigeon Wants a Puppy"... "I really do!" LOL toooo funny!
2) Love the grey necklace & the wrap thingy for your mamasita! Rad! (PS: did you really make that tee-shirt necklace in the link? Super-cute!)
3) That zig-zag throw is fabulous! Would look amazing in your house! :) And in mine ;)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...