Style That Item: Kerry's Dana Buchman for Kohl's Necklace



4 comments
Good morning! I hope that everyone had a delightful Mother's Day, spending a plentiful amount of time with the special women in our lives!
This week's Style That Item: Fashion Edition is centered around my very own Dana Buchman for Kohl's necklace. I scored this bad boy on super duper sale a few years ago when my mom persuaded me to come along to Kohl's with her. My mom is a Kohl's lover and she always finds some really cute {and cheap!} pieces there, but it's after lots and lots and lots of digging. I did not inherit her digging gene when it comes to shopping so it's rare that I join her on her Kohl's expeditions. BUT, I'm beyond glad I went that day because this gem of a necklace made its way into my jewelry box for under $20! Holla!


Dana Buchman for Kohl's Necklace - no longer available 


First up are several shots of how I style this necklace using items from my very own closet. {I'm linking to as many pieces/alternatives as I can.}

Striped cropped sweater: Pilcro from Anthropologie; Dress: The Webster at Target; Belt: JCrew {alternative}; Shoes: Steve Madden {alternative}





Draped cardigan: Moth from Anthropologie; Dress: Target; Flops: Banana Republic Outlet




Gingham button-up: JCrew; Pants: Gap {alternative (my color is no longer available)}; Belt: JCrew {alternative}; Shoes: Steve Madden




Poodle Sweater: Forever 21; Skirt: Anthropologie; Belt: JCrew {alternative}; Shoes: Steve Madden; Earrings: Kate Spade



Striped Pullover Sweater: Moth from Anthropologie; Green Denim: AG Stevie Ankle from Anthropologie {alternative}; Earrings: Kate Spade

{100% inspired by this image above. Thanks, Anthro catalog!}



Now here are several more outfit ideas for how I'd style my necklace after having gone on one heck of a shopping spree!

I love my necklace paired with these polka-dot jeans, a white linen shirt, and a pop of yellow in those gorgeous suede flats! I'd wear this outfit all the time. It's perfectly preppy!



Keeping in a similar color family as above, I love this gorgeous citron lace skirt paired with a simple white tee. I couldn't decide between those amazingly hued blue heels or the striped pair, so I included both as options.


Still loving citron lace, I found this lovely dress from Top Shop. I would wear it with some nude heels to keep the focus on the vibrant colors of the dress and necklace.




I'm pretty obsessed with the print of these pants seen below! I'd wear them with a simple white ballet tee or a chambray button up with a white tee underneath. And those nude wedge-esque creatures are to die for! Get in my closet, ASAP!




The big polka-dots on this funky sweater remind me of the kitchy-ness of my poodle sweater seen above. I love it paired with these gorgeous coral AG jeans. There's something about the cool tones in my necklace matched with warmer tones that makes me giddy! Could you tell from my many pairings above? I'm giving this look my best Maigen by mixing it with those fun floral wedges.



This final ensemble is inspired by this image. I'm in love with her heels {and her gorgeous tan and fabulous legs}! Since there's no way you'll ever see my stubby legs in shorts such as hers, I went with some coral cropped skinny denim. I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't find an exact match for her shoes, but I found a few options. I think my ultimate favorite are the gold-trimmed t-strap heels on the lower left; I'd wear the nude pair in a heartbeat.


How would you style my necklace? Have you had any luck with finding an amazing piece for a bargain price at Kohl's? Do tell.



4 comments:

Miss Retta at: May 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM said...

I remember the day you found that treasure at Kohl's. I need to borrow that gem some time!

Maigen at: May 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM said...

Okay, okay, stop it. You are TOO good at this! :) I love everything! Especially the black & white check/orange pants, poodle sweater outfit, polka-dot pants outfit, yellow dress outfit, Webster navy/green dress outfit... Can you tell I love this post?? It's probably my fave so far that you have done! And that's SAYING something! :)

Isabel at: May 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM said...

OMG, too cute! In all the years working with you and seeing you 5x a week I have not seen THOSE outfits! I LOVE THEM! Faves are the draped cardi with your maxi, and the black checkered button up with those fun pants! Oh wait, last favorite - the Anthro catalog outfit!

P.S. Kate's earrings are looking awesome! Awesome purchase, please post about them soon!

Kerry at: May 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM said...

Thank you so much! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...