Style That Item: Kerry's Dana Buchman Necklace



4 comments

Kerry got this uh-maz-ing Dana Buchman necklace at Kohl's.  I know, Kohl's?  Really?  No offense to Kohl's, but when girlfriend was sporting this little beauty at a Central Market lunch one Saturday, I remember wistfully thinking, "Ah, if only I could justify buying $200 necklaces at Anthro..."  Because, honestly, that's how awesome it looks.  Check it:

I am so serious when I say that I would like someone to track one of these down for me.  Or, I guess I can track it down.  Either way, I really think it is an indispensable bauble that I truly need.  It is super huge and bold and the colors are gorgeous. 
I just can't help thinking how much I'd like to wear it with my black-and-white striped CK maxi dress {similar}, some colorful flat sandals, simple earrings or basic gold cuff, with either a cute straw clutch or big funky tote, depending on how much crap I'm carrying that day.


Haha!  I guess great minds think alike!  Kerry also posted a striped maxi dress (which looks fab on her, btw)!!  Anywho, I had already made this outfit, too, and decided you would just have to grin & bear it!  :)  Besides, who can get too many stripes?!


But, enough about me!  What should little miss K wear with her stunner of a necklace?  Hmmm...
How about going modern-day Audrey, with some printed capri pants, a boat-neck tee, and a funky cardi to carry around in case of over-air-conditioning (or if you're ever visiting my perfectly chilly apartment)!  Throw on some fun flats, gold post earrings, and a beaded sailor clutch, and you're good to go!



I'm loving slim-fit blazers with pushed-up or rolled-up sleeves (although K might have to wait until, like, November, to be able to handle this look, as hot as it already is in good ol' Dallas).  I think this little navy blazer, with either a flirty dress or white tank and some marigold pants would be fab with her necklace!  Add a fun metallic belt, some yellow stud earrings, purple sandals and a bicycle bag (to satisfy Kerry's affection for whimsy).
I also think I would love Kerry's necklace with a fun dress.  Kerry has a gorgeous navy J Crew maxi dress, which they now make at J Crew factory (and K tipped me off so I could score one of my own, thank you very much!) and I also think this green dress from Target would be super with it.   Unfortunately, the color didn't translate very well, the green dress actually looks more like the color of regular green Listerine.  Very refreshing! ;) With some cute turquoise earrings, a big white hobo bag, and a choice of some more neutral metallic wedges or some super-colorful ones, depending on her mood, K will look stunning!


For a more casual look, I think a grey tee fits the bill!  I love statement necklaces with heather-grey tees.  This goes back to my proclivity for dressing with irony.  I liked these hot-pink jeans, mint sweater, and tan and pink bag with it.  Once again referencing the sea, these little nautical posts and navy wedges finish off the look!

I have the cutest little skirt from Target, which I think would be perfect with this necklace.  It would also be darling on Kerry!  It has little multi-colored (including periwinkle) hearts, and would look fab with a minty green tie-dyed tank, grey cardi, some little drop earrings and metallic bag.  Throw on the rope sandals I am currently coveting, and Kerry will look fresh and be super-comfy, too!
So, there are a few ideas.  But, really, the possibilities are endless with such a great piece!  Kerry is so creative, she will have no problem!  I am loving everything in her post, ESPECIALLY the black and white shirt and orange pants and all the yellow combos!  That's talent!  I'm lucky to know K & I, they both have such inspiring ideas!
What awesome pieces for great deals have you scored in unlikely places? 




4 comments:

Isabel at: May 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM said...

I want those marigold pants with those yellow stud anthro earrings! Stunning! Liking the links embedded in your writing - it flows so well!

Kerry at: May 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM said...

Great minds do think alike!

I'm loving everything you did! Amongst my favorites are the nautical clutch, marigold pants, hot pink jeans (where did you find those?), and heart skirt!

Amazing as always! xoxo

Maigen at: May 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM said...

Thanks, ladies! :)
Hot pink jeans were at GAP! I think they rock!

Maigen at: May 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM said...

OOPS! I forgot to link that whole outfit! Doing now!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...