A Very Happy Saturday



2 comments

It's rare that D and I get to spend an entire Saturday together, and today was one of those glorious days. Amongst our various activities, we partook in one of our most favorite pastimes: a lunch picnic date. The menu is always the same on these lunch picnics. We go to our local Whole Foods and purchase salami, mini French baguettes, St. Angel cheese, a bottle of sparkling water {for D}, a giant bottle of spring water {for me}, and a bar of Madagascar milk chocolate. It's a rather indulgent lunch! Then we journey to our favorite outdoor space of the moment; today was so hot that we just ate in the Whole Foods outdoor dining area, because they had fans to assist us in staying cool. {If you'd like to have a lunch picnic date like ours, we recommend bringing along a utility knife to cut the salami.} 



A little later in the day I went over to my sister's to assist my niece, L, in getting ready for a red carpet event in conjunction with an award ceremony for local high school theatre programs. I had the honor of doing her hair {high bun tutorial found here} and make-up, and it was so fun! My sister and L picked out her precious ensemble. They went for a bohemian vibe and I think they did such a fantastic job! Way to go, girlies! L looked gorgeous, as always. {Her dress and necklace are from Forever21. Her shoes are from Target; yep, I own the same pair. Her whole look was purchased for under $100!} As L has gotten older, she feels more like a younger sister to me. These moments of helping her get ready for big events are some of my favorite memories with her. I have to stop myself from getting emotional in these moments, as I can't help but turn into a sappy aunt instantly reliving the day she was born. 
*It's freaking me out how much L looks like me in that very last profile photo.




One last happy moment today: My new handle arrived, and my table is now totally complete. The handle was too long to let it hang in its intended form, so I tied it into a little knot. I kind of love it. A lot. What do you think?



I hope that you and yours had a fantastic Saturday, as well. Feliz Cinco de Mayo, amigos!


2 comments:

Maigen at: May 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM said...

Looks like you guys had fun! :) Love a good italian-style lunch...
L looks too cute! You're so right, she looks a lot like you in those bottom pics! The more I see those wedges, the more I am kicking myself for not picking them up that day I was shopping for my cruise!
Also, I am looooving the rope handle tied! That's awesome! I can't wait to see it in person! :)

KLee at: May 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM said...

Yum! Must try your picnic combo!

I love having a little mini Mimi ;) Although she is not so mini anymore. Strange seeing her tower over us!

I am in love with your table, the handle is so fun!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...