Monthly DIY: Iz's Pearl Ribboned Necklace



2 comments
anthropologie
source
Necklace: Rada for Anthropologie 6 strands pearl necklace

Two years ago I was inspired by all the ribboned necklaces I was seeing everywhere.  I know Maigen has as well since she wore one herself! :) 

I had pearl necklaces given to me by mom, aunts, and grandmas just sitting unused because I didn't want to be such a southern belle traditionalist.  Finally, I tackled an updated look using only two things!  Some black ribbon and a long strand of pearls that can be looped around multiple times.  Easy!  


* I tied the weaving ribbon end to the neckline ribbon end into a bow.  
You can take it further by adding actual jewelry hooks and rings to attach the ribbon to the pearls, but I wanted mine quick :)  Next time, I might rearrange this exact necklace and take two strands and interlink them together like the duo tone top picture.  That would look so classy cute!

Who's going to try this?!


2 comments:

Maigen at: June 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM said...

Girl, you are on fire with the DIY projects! And they all turn out so cute!

I love your necklace! (All of the necklaces in this post are cute... I have the Anthro one in coral/orange. I was debating between the one I got and the one in the pic! I wish I got both, the aqua one is gorgeous!)

We should have a DIY jewelry or something session sometime during a blog meeting!

Kerry at: July 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM said...

Love it, friend! Can't go wrong with pearls!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...