Petite Fashion Challenge #17: Candy Colorized



5 comments


It's my first Petite Fashion Challenge!  It's kind of nice to rummage the closet with a semi-plan in mind and it took less time than I thought!  I'm loving the stylish options people are posting!  Now if only I had more clothes...

This month's challenge is hosted by SewPetiteGal, with this premise:

The Challenge: Candy Colorized Take a bowl full of colorful candies (M&Ms, Jolly Ranchers, jelly beans, etc.), close your eyes, and draw 2-3 pieces.  Now use those colors (+ a neutral of your choosing) to form the basis for your ensemble. **Extra brownie points if you post more than 1 colorful ensemble or if you add a DIY element (because I love DIYs so much!) :D**

I'll admit - I don't have much color in my closet and I knew what kind of candies I had laying around and let me just tell you, it wasn't looking good...

But I took a chance, drawing from my fringy pinata full of jolly ranchers, sweethearts, nerds, laffy taffy, and godstoppers.  My color combinations are by type of candy so I only drew 2 colors.  The one I could actually work with from my closet was the pink and green sweethearts.  I don't own any of the other colors! *gasp*


Luckily, I have a lot of pink accessories and a newish green skirt so I was able to pull 2 outfits together!  Bear with my candy inspired names for my looks! :)

Shirt: Nordstroms Lush |  Capris: GAP |  Necklace: DIY |  Earrings: pearls | Sandals: Macy's Ralph Lauren
For another look, I switched out my navy pearl necklace for some gold and green accents.
  Bangle (gift): St. Thomas | Earrings: ?? | Necklace: Juicy Couture Pave Heart Wish 



In my head, I thought this outfit would be my favorite of the two, but when I saw the pictures, I didn't like the denim color with the skirt.  I felt cute and I got a "You ready? Oh, that's cute!" reaction from R when he popped around the corner, but it still wasn't my fave.



ugh, cheesy smile...
Shirt: J.Crew |  Skirt: Target Xhilaration |  Headband: BR Outlet |  Earrings: pearls | Necklace: ???  | Sandals: Macy's Ralph Lauren

Surprise!  There's a third look that I stumbled upon a couple days later!  I was happy to find this combo because it's comfy and great for hot weather!  The softness of it reminds me of saltwater taffy :)





tank: Express | shorts: ???


While looking for the source of my pink necklace, I found a few others that could've worked well.  Click images for their sources.

[More colors available]

How would you have styled pink and green together?

5 comments:

Maigen at: June 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM said...

Love! So cute! I like all three, but the skirt option is my fave! :) I want that headband, btw!

Dietingfashions at: June 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM said...

I love your outfits! I have a similar striped shirt as yours. You have inspired me.

Helen

SewPetiteGal at: June 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM said...

Ah, too cool that you had 2 PFC participants here! I fixed the links on my post :) Extra brownie points for doing 3 outfits - great job! I really love the striped tee with the watermelon color!

Kerry at: June 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM said...

Iz, I love all of your outfits! I love that tank/shorts combo and seeing your kitty! xoxo

eliz. at: July 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM said...

Oohhh I like the first one...very casual and sooo cute!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...