Petite Fashion Challenge #17: Candy Colorized



20 comments

I'm super excited to participate in my first ever Petite Fashion Challenge!

This month's challenge is hosted by SewPetiteGal, with this premise:

The Challenge: Candy Colorized Take a bowl full of colorful candies (M&Ms, Jolly Ranchers, jelly beans, etc.), close your eyes, and draw 2-3 pieces.  Now use those colors (+ a neutral of your choosing) to form the basis for your ensemble. **Extra brownie points if you post more than 1 colorful ensemble or if you add a DIY element (because I love DIYs so much!) :D**

Such a fun challenge, right?! Kudos to SewPetiteGal for a fun challenge concept.

Here's what I drew from my bowl of colorful Chewy Lemonheads & Friends {which I seriously inhaled faster than I'm willing to admit - sheesh!}...

Yikes! I was a little intimidated by this warm color combination. My initial fear was that I'd end up looking clown-like or campfire-like with anything that I wore in this color scheme. However, I was pleasantly surprised after playing around with this color combination; there are actually a lot of great ensembles to be had with these fiery hues.

Here's what I put together using items from my closet. I lucked out in having this lovely J.Crew top that incorporates all of my colors, plus a gorgeous blue hue, plus - the kicker - anchor buttons! {For those of you interested in sizing, I'm wearing a regular 00, though the top is available in petite 00. I like the more relaxed/slouchier fit of the regular 00 enough to have not tried the petite 00.} I love that this top can be worn casually and a little bit more dressy. First up is the casual look...


Top: J.Crew Denim: Gap | Earrings: Anthropologie {no longer availableHorseshoe Charm Necklace: J.Crew {no longer availableAnchor Bead Pendant Necklace: J.Crew Shoes: Steve Madden {alternative}

And now for a little bit of a dressy look {sorry about my frizz-tastic hair!}...

Top: J.Crew Skirt: Banana Republic {old} Earrings: Anthropologie {no longer available| Necklace: J.Crew Factory Crystal Rays {no longer available; seen hereBelt: J.Crew {old} | Shoes: Steve Madden {old}

And here's what I put together after a virtual shopping trip {one of my favorite things to do!}...

I'm seriously in love with La Fee Verte's gorgeous Sun Fire Cami. The tribal print is beautiful in red, orange, and yellow. And the back of this top is stunning! I think it would look great with my kelly green AG Stevie's. I'm pretty obsessed with Tory Burch's serpentine necklace and Kate Spade's gumdrop studs. The top's tribal details are echoed in these very inexpensive bangles from F21; I love that they come in such a multitudinous stack. These Sam Edelman brown t-strap sandals complete the look.


Since I love the Sun Fire Cami so much, I've featured it again in a preppy boho look. This time I've paired it with some dark denim crops and J.Crew's Featherweight Colorblock Cotton Cardigan {which I recently scored for an additional 30% off the sale price - holla!}. My love for Kate's gumdrop studs prevails yet again, and I'm enamored by her adorable camel pendant, too. I finished this look with some killer neutral wedges by Farylrobin, which I might add, I'm lusting after!



My virtual shopping trip is rounded out by this sweetly striped ensemble. I love the swingy look of this dress. I'd pair it with a neutral belt to accentuate my waist, this brightly colored cardigan to keep warm in excessively-air conditioned spaces, and these lovely Sam Edelman neutral and orange wedges. I think my favorite part of this outfit is the Kate Spade earrings; they're tops on my next earrings purchase list! 
dress, belt, earrings, cardigan, sandals {which my blogging buddy Maigen first posted here}


Many thanks again to SewPetiteGal for hosting the Petite Fashion Challenge this month and encouraging us to play with candy colors that were perhaps {definitely in my case} outside of our comfort zones! I had a blast!










PS: Thanks to my sweet mom who was so kind to come over and take pictures in D's absence! Love you!

20 comments:

KT at: June 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM said...

You are super gorgeous! I love your colors and I especially love that vibrant green wall of yours! Love your makeup too doll! :)

www.KTRstyle.com

Maigen at: June 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM said...

I love these looks! Such fun colors!

Those Kate Spade spade earrings are to die for!

And, remember my $1000+ J Crew online cart?? I had that colorblock cardi in 2 color schemes in there! I should have snatched them up, they are too cute! Probably gone now... I can't wait to see how you wear yours! :)

SewPetiteGal at: June 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM said...

I love, love, love that J. Crew blouse and it looks gorgeous on you! Thanks for participating!

Dietingfashions at: June 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM said...

That J.Crew shirt is so beautiful! The entire outfit is awesome and you're very photogenic!

Helen

noniq at: June 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM said...

Love your 1 & 2 looks, the first one is something you can do for outdoor trip and 2nd one for going to work.. Really like the idea :)
And over all.. so nice ^^

katattack2000 at: June 29, 2012 at 4:00 AM said...

I love the J Crew top :) Love stripes and colors!

katattack2000.wordpress.com

TaraMixandMatch at: June 29, 2012 at 6:46 AM said...

Your top is so, so cute! I love your hair too!

Annie at: June 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM said...

That blouse is so much fun! The colors look great on you, and love the different ways you styled it :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

KLee at: June 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM said...

I like the Sun Fire Cami and the looks you came up with for it. Your pics are adorable! Who knew mom had these photography skills?!

roey at: June 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM said...

wow! i love your top! and i think your 'virtual shopping" outfits is going to make me do some real shopping ;)

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) at: June 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM said...

OMG I love that top! And so versatile!

Kathleen Lisson at: June 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM said...

Your mom is a great photographer. I was able to see the sheen of the shirt's fabric. That's a professional photographer's move!

Cee at: June 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM said...

The top is seriously so fun! My gripe with tops containing so many colors is that it can look kiddie-ish. Not this one! J.Crew ftw :) Great job on both the casual and work appropriate outfits!

Fashion Blawger at: June 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM said...

You are such a stunner! I love your hair, your outfit choices, and your mommy's pictures of you!! <3 Please check out my entry and let me know what you think. --I look forward to seeing your participation in future challenges too!! <3

A Preponderance of Fashion

SS at: June 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM said...

Your Jcrew shirt looks really good on you. Such a cute, summer outfit!

Ade at: June 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM said...

I love this J.Crew top it is so pretty and colorful.
created-n-his-image.blogspot.com

With Each Passing Day at: June 30, 2012 at 12:25 AM said...

The blouse is pretty and perfect for the PFC.

Amy Shaughnessy at: June 30, 2012 at 6:43 AM said...

Kerry, you are so dang cute! I love this top and I love both outfits. I love the accessories you picked out for the pencil skirt look.

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Miss Retta at: June 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM said...

I am in love with the top!! Thank you for letting me take the photos of you - it was so much fun!!

Love YOU,
Mom

eliz. at: July 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

That top is amazing! I can already envision tons of outfits with it! Great challenge outfit! I am inspired!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...