Goat Cheese, Corn, & Chicken Quesadillas + Root Beer!



1 comments
Since I've been under the weather, the special meal I had planned to make D for Father's Day was delayed until Tuesday night. Better late than never, right?!

We first made these scrumptious Chicken and Goat Cheese Quesadillas last summer after finding the recipe in my Women's Health magazine. They're super easy to make, fairly healthy, and not heavy in the belly. I hope the you love them as much as we do. This recipe will yield 4 quesadillas, ideal for serving 2 adults.


We love to eat these quesadillas with a hearty serving of Albert's Famous Mexican Hot Sauce. {The green jar is my favorite!} I grew up practically drinking this stuff, and I think we favored it as a family because of it's delicious garlic undertones {we're Italian garlic lovers}. It was a favorite to eat it over a block of cream cheese with some tortilla chips. Oooh so yummy! However, my local Market Street was all out of it, so I purchased some delicious fresh salsa from Whole Foods and it was to die for! {I seriously think I could live on chips and salsa all day every day and never tire of it.}



And what better drink to compliment these yummy quesadillas than Abita Root Beer?! It's D's favorite root beer, and I think we have some authority in saying it's one of the best ones out there because we've tried many a root beer in our lives. It gets extra bonus points from me because I can read and understand what each of the five ingredients are: carbonated water, Louisiana cane sugar, caramel color, root beer flavor, and phosphoric acid. {We get it from our local Whole Foods, so surprise.}

Now go make yourselves a delicious quesadilla and drink up some good-as-it's-gonna-get natural root beer!

1 comments:

Maigen at: June 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM said...

YUM! You had me at "goat cheese!" ;)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...