Salmon BLT Sandwiches



3 comments
D and I spent this past Christmas in California visiting his family, and one day we took the BART into San Francisco to do a little shopping. In the midst of last minute holiday shopping madness, we found ourselves starving, so we stopped at the Westfield San Francisco Centre dining court to grab something to eat. 

Something glorious happened that day, my friends: D and I ate the most amazing sandwich. ever. Thank you Catch Isle for making the most delicious salmon BLT known to mankind. I know what you're thinking: A food court sandwich was the most delicious sandwich known to mankind? But it's true. This sandwich is the stuff culinary dreams are made of; the sandwich we talk about often, dare I say dream about; the best $9.50 we have ever spent in our lifetimes. {None of the aforementioned is an overstatement.}

I finally mustered up some bravery and decided to give recreating it in my own kitchen a try. I must confess that salmon intimidates me, and I'm afraid to make it myself. I know, I know: It's not rocket science to make, but that raw, deeply-colored salmon flesh taunts me into knee-knocking thoughts of failure. At my sister's advice I took a shortcut and purchased two pre-cooked salmon filets from Whole Foods. Crisis averted. Phew.

Here are my ingredients. {The Catch Isle version is made on famous, delectable San Francisco sourdough, but being a bit of a health nut, I opted for a grainier, healthier bread.}



The verdict? We loved them! They're definitely being added to the menu rotation. Holla!

Give it a try, friends, and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Maigen at: June 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM said...

Yum... BLTs are the best!! I had an LT for lunch today! I don't like cooked salmon ( but love smoked and oddly, salmon is my fave sushi) but I had an epiphany reading your post. I might try it with smoked salmon! I bet that would be awesome!! :)

Isabel at: June 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM said...

Westfield is the CRAZIEST mall ever! That's the one with the round interior, right? It was SO cool! Now, this sandwich looks RAVISHING! Like Spanglish-egg-yolk-dripping-good. Anybody get that reference? YUM!

Kerry at: June 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM said...

M - Let me know how the smoked version goes once you try it! I'm not a huge smoked salmon fan and can only tolerate it sometimes, but your combo sounds yummy!

I - YES! It is the craziest/coolest mall! And I totally get your Spanglish reference. I heart that movie!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...