"Snow White and the Huntsman": A Review



0 comments
So, I don't know if I should be embarrassed that I saw this...

On the one hand, Charlize Theron is awesome, I loved "Alice in Wonderland" {which had the same producer}, and the previews looked kind of "Pan's Labyrinth"-esque {HUGE fan of "Pan's".} 

On the other hand, Kristen Stewart.  Enough said. 
I have to admit, I was really pleasantly surprised.  I had heard that the cinematography and effects made the film seem like a series of beautiful and interesting paintings, or something to that effect.  As into films as I am {I majored in radio & television journalism and focused heavily on video production}, the thought of that really appealed to me. 

I was not disappointed.  The dark parts of the film conveyed a perfect sense of dread with visual imagery, while the light parts were enchanting and strange. 

Although I find it hard to believe that any mirror would really think that K.S. was more beautiful that C.T., the film was certainly entertaining, engaging, and a fun twist on an old classic. 
Think Snow White meets Joan of Arc {did you see "The Messenger," with Milla Jovovich?  If not, you should!  It's so good.  Stunning images there, too.}


I actually have to give Kristen Stewart credit, though.  Aside for the annoying gape-mouth thing she does all the time {what is with actresses and that?  Ahem, Kiera Knightly.  Do they think they look sexy that way, or something?  I mean, come on.  Breathe through your nose as if you weren't raised in a barn!}, she was actually pretty good.  Her acting was decent, and a far cry {luckily} from what I vaguely remember from my accidental viewing of "Twilight," many moons ago.  Maybe it's because she spent a good while unconscious in the film?  {JK!  Now that was just catty!  Seriously, she was decent in this!}


The queen, but the way, was utterly terrifying and creepy.  Charlize did a bang-up job, really, and the thick, kind of throaty accent really worked for the role {"Mirra, mirra, on the wohl..."}.  Wait until you see the part with her and the crows.  Ew!

Anyway, will this movie change your life?  No.  Will it entertain you?  Probably.  I'd say if you liked the other three movies I mentioned, it's a pretty safe bet that you will like this.

Tell me what you think if you see it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...