Style that item: My BR outlet coral necklace



2 comments

You may recall my necklace:

I like it because it's super-blingy and has one of my best colors {and actually one of the most universally flattering colors, btw}.  It's pretty bulky and hits right on the collar-bone.  Which is why I've had a problem with it.  I'm generally a long-necklace girl! 

Anyway, this first look actually features a skirt I own.  I like the combo of coral with royal blue {this sweater was about the closest I could find}.  I like the cool, comfy bohemian vibe of the skirt, and went from there!

J Crew linen cable knit cardigan in brilliant purple; coral maxi skirt; white ribbed tank; yellow & blue clutch {aMAZing!} ; pretzel twist belt; white & gold square enamel bracelet; gold braided leather sandals
I agree with Kerry that the necklace is too much to bother with statement earrings... So, you will see these "pave posts" from Anthro scattered throughout my outfits!
pave posts
I think the sparkly-ness of my necklace really lends to a super-girly get-up!
Look 1:
pave posts; printed ruffle dress; yellow bow belt; sequined clutch; I love these LAMB tan & black wedges and used them a few times in this post!

Look 2:
pave posts; harmony dress by BB Dakota on ruche.com, shimmer collage clutch; Sam Edelman wedge sandals orange & tan

Look 3:
I'm wishing for this Webster maxi dress; coral & pink enamel bracelets {2 sets}; pom burst tote
Nine West wedge sandal in light natural leather
I love the dress in look #2!  I actually had a dream that I wore the necklace with a kelly green dress, and woke up super excited about it.  It looked so great!  

Below, I wanted to give you a more detailed view of the clutch in look #2, since I think it's really so cool!

Lately, I'm really feeling the preppy/nautical thing!  So, I went that way for a minute!  I had a hard time choosing which espadrilles I wanted for the look on the left!  And then, I had a hard time choosing the color for the tote on the right!  Indecisive evening!  

Left:
pave posts; factory boat neck navy striped dress; straw patterned clutch {LOVE!}; tortoise sunnies;
funky open-toed espadrilles {I would probably wear the floral, just for kicks!}

Right:
LAMB tan & black wedges; J Crew factory striped dress {black & white}; Nine West tote {I'm thinking orange, but I really love the black, too!}; "Tabby" frames;
coral & pink enamel bracelets {2 sets}

Then, I just wanted something to run around in and be comfy!  So, I shopped around for some tees!

Left:
tan & white striped tee; "Rhetorical Shades"; Vince Camuto clutch; kelly green jeans;
natural wedge sandals

Right:
pave posts; either color of the twisted satin headband {leaning towards the polka dot};
lace flutter-sleeve dolman tee; flare leg stretch jeans; Jimmy Choo clutch
LAMB tan & black wedges
I was dying to put some kelly green jeans with the necklace {going back to my dream}, and after I made the look on the left,  I started to think, 'this feels really familiar...' 

I realized that I was totally subliminally inspired by this fabulous outfit by Kerry!  Isn't it/she lovely?! :)



Hoorah for having such talented fellow bloggers!  :)

What jewelry item do you have a hard time styling?

2 comments:

Isabel at: June 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM said...

OK, amazing! I'm really loving that green dress! You would look stunning in all of these outfits! I say go for the orange tote and I'm wanting those twisted satin headbands!

Kerry at: June 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM said...

The Boho look is my fave, no surprise there!

Thanks for the shout-out on my Anthro catolog inspired outfit! I love your summer-friendly version!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...