Hot Fun in the Summertime!



5 comments
Well, last week in Dallas was pretty cold.  For Dallas.  Nevertheless, I felt {as usual, in any month not in the dead of winter} the need to dress cool.  And dress "cool" I did.  See how I did that?  The double meaning?  ;)

I had forgotten about my sweet elephant necklace, but on Sunday night I caught "The Sex and the City Movie" on tv, and Carrie's awesome rehearsal dinner outfit {a black jumpsuit with a white belt with an almost identical elephant as a buckle} reminded me.  I couldn't find a pic online, but my SATC sisters probably remember!

It's this outfit, but you can't see the belt!
Here is a week of "keepin' it cool" outfit ideas, in case you live in Texas, or on the face of the sun...
Monday:  Old navy short-sleeved navy cardi {old}; Target skirt {also seen here}; rope belt {old}; white ribbed tank; elephant necklace, no longer available {Charming Charlie}; J Crew Factory "turtle" earrings {seen also here}; Steven Madden "bubblez" sandals in cognac

Tuesday: CK dress; Kukui Nut necklace {similar}; Cozumel beaded bracelet {from my cruise};
Moda red wedges {no longer available}
I spent most of my lovely holiday laying around on one of those pool floats reading.  So, I was in my fave "cover-up and still get a touch of sun" swim get-up {and yes, you have seen it before here}.  The driving-to-and-from-my-grandparents'-pool outfit was a little nautical and a little bit neon.
At the pool: Old Navy Flips; ON rope-print bikini bottom; ON rope-print board shorts; Target twist-front tankini top

On the road: navy/white stripe henley {Marshall's, similar here}; Old Navy cropped neon pink jeans, in white here {cut-off}; Cozumel bag from my cruise; Old Navy gold "leather" flips; The Webster for Target leaves drop earrings; cat-eyes {no longer available}
On Thursday, I really wanted to wear a denim jacket with my little dress, but it was just too dang hot!  So, I snapped one obligatory photo of what I wanted to wear!  I actually wore my light-weight blue cardi.



Thursday: Banana Republic Outlet royal blue linen sweater, probably still in stores {also seen here}; Target grey & neon orange dress; braided gold belt {no longer available}; J Crew Factory necklace; Kelly & Katie flat sandals {similar}; denim jacket from the GAP {old}

Friday: Target skirt {also seen here}; Old Navy striped/sequined tank {old}; big rhinestone studs {Nordstrom Rack}; J Crew Factory blue bead necklace {no longer available}; Banana Republic Outlet necklace {probably still in stores}; Banana Republic linen violet cardi, same as the blue {probably still in stores}; metallic wedges

I originally bought my sequined striped tank to wear with a white/yellow/black/tan/grey retro floral cardi, belted.  I was inspired by one of my first pins on pinterest!  I love mixing patterns!
via pomp & circumstance
One of my fave stripe/floral combos was Kerry's submission to the Respect the Shoes "Respect the Outfits" post recently!

She wore a version of this to one of our blog meetings once and I was so coveting the entire outfit!  :)  K also inspired her friend, Savannah, with the creation of some similar looks lately!  Love it!  Kerry is a master with pattern pairing.
And since I didn't have to work on Saturday & Sunday, I pretty much stayed home in my skivvies.   It's too hot for clothes!  {I did, however, wear a dress to church, for the sake of those of you who are opposed to wearing pj's and the like to worship service}.

5 comments:

Jessica Cai at: July 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM said...

thanks for visiting my blog! love the outfits you posted, especially the grey dress with neon stripes :D following you back now dear xoxo jess
www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

Kerry at: July 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM said...

Cute looks! And thanks for the kind words about my outfit, friend! xoxo

Nav at: July 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM said...

cute looks!

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

Maigen at: July 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

SewPetiteGal at: July 16, 2012 at 7:32 AM said...

Your elephant necklace is darling! We have a Charming Charlie over here, but I've never thought to check it out - will have to now :) Loving your nautically inspired outfit! You can never go wrong with a classic.

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...