It's Getting Hot Out There {SO HOT!}



3 comments
It's hot outside. Caliente even, my amigos. So here's a sampling of what I've been wearing when all I want to do is be stark naked. And in an ice bath. With a cold beverage. See, I told you it was hot.

My go-to hot weather clothing of choice is hands down a dress. They always provide the breeziness that is necessary in such hot-as-haedes misery. You'll see that I'm pretty basic when dressing for the heat; a simple dress, a necklace or two, a belt of some sort, and some sandals {flat or wedge} do the trick.

Dress: Gap | Horseshoe Necklace: JCrew | Anchor Pendant: JCrew Leopard Belt: JCrew {no longer available} | Sandals: Steve Madden {old}


Dress: JCrew Necklace: Kohl's {borrowed from my sweet mama} Wedges: Nine West {old}


Dress: Target {no longer available} Necklace: Urban Outfitters {old} | Belt: Anthro {old} Wedges: Rose Gold {old}


Dress: Target White Tee: JCrew {old} Anchor Pendant: JCrew | Belt: JCrew Factory {alternative

I wore this for the 4th of July, with my hair like this! I may have had to remove my belt because I ate too much delicious food; Rudy's BBQ and patriotic chips and salsa did my waistline in.



Dress: Target Necklace: JCrew Factory {seen hereHeels: Steve Madden {old}


What is your hot weather clothing of choice?











PS: You might have noticed those bandages on my fingers. D and I spent some time at the pool on the 4th and used spray-on sunscreen. Sadly, we missed some spots on my hands, which resulted in some really bad sunburns of the blistering kind. Yikes! And sorry!

3 comments:

SewPetiteGal at: July 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM said...

Dresses are definitely the way to go in super hot weather. We had something like 13 straight days of upper 90s / low 100s and I thought I was going to melt. I especially love the blue printed maxi from Target. Such a pretty color and looks lovely with the wide belt to accentuate your small waist :)

Maigen at: July 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM said...

Okay, so you always look perfectly beautiful & impeccably styled!

I agree with SewPetiteGal about the Target maxi, it is so, so lovely on you! :)

KLee at: July 16, 2012 at 4:40 PM said...

Oh,I like the print dress from Target! Just looking at it makes me think cool breezes.

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...