Mirrored Metallics {Kerry's Monthly Love}



0 comments
I spied the Viv Metallic Flats {seen above} when JCrew unleashed their latest set of new arrivals a week or so ago, and along with falling in deep pitter-patter love, I was instantly in the midst of a flashback. It was my 12th birthday, and there was nothing I wanted for more than a silver skirt, silver/red/black turtleneck, and silver backpack purse from GapKids. I remember opening up those packages which held my birthday heart's greatest desires at the now-no-longer Mountasia Golf and Games, and flipping out. It is seriously one of my most memorable fashion moments. I wore my outfit the following Monday at school, and felt as if I was debuting one of Paris' finest couture ensembles.

As it turns out, mirrored metallic love runs in the family. I'm talking about you, Mom. Even before I was making grabby hands at that silver-perfection GapKids ensemble, my mom was rocking mirrored metallics while cruising the seas with my dad. In cleaning out our guest bedroom closet, I came across a collection of photographs of my then-married parents on several cruises. And guess what my mom was wearing in nearly every formal photograph? Basically an early 90's version of JCrew's Valentina Mirror Metallic Pumps.
Gotta love the matching bag, too!

If you're feeling the mirrored metallic love this month too, then do I have a treat for you! I perused the interwebs far and wide and came up with my favorite mirrored metallic pretties.

:: clockwise from top ::

And because I'm seriously obsessed, here are a few more mirrored metallic must-haves...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...