M's Monthly DIY: Golden Oldy



2 comments
Y'all.  I'm moving.  Moving, aside from throwing up, is my least favorite activity.  {Driving is third on that list.}

So, suffice it to say, I have been packing {read: procrastinating} all month, and haven't had time to really make anything. 

So, once again, I am going to post a short and sweet throwback DIY.  I had this black screen from an antique store that I used as a headboard in my last college bedroom, which was very french country/shabby chic. 

My little sister was looking for something to spice up her aqua blue guest bedroom.  I found some amazing leopard fabric with aqua, tan, and purple, and suggested adding it for a pop.  And then, I thought: why not a glossy purple screen headboard?!  I had been wanting to do something to spruce up the sad, old screen anyway.

I took the screen into her garage, gave it a light sanding {the black paint had gotten pretty beat up}, and spray painted it.  This was a super-quick project.  Luckily, the 'slats' don't go all the way through.  It is like a faux-screen.  So, that made sanding & painting much easier!

Here is the screen before & after:

I think the bright, glossy purple really breathed new life into the old gal!

Here it is in the guest room:
I love the pretty, interesting color combo! And, I love the bees embroidered on the bedding!
I wish you could see the colors a little better, mainly on the leopard print.  It is tan with rich purple and light aqua blue!  Thanks to my brother-in-law, Jared, for snapping some pics for me!

2 comments:

Kerry at: July 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM said...

Pretty shade of purple! I like that leopard fabric!

Leather Armchair at: October 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM said...

amazing..! what a difference a color can make..!

armchairs

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...