New DIY Page is Live!



3 comments

LCDF is happy to announce that the DIY page is now available to peruse for your next project!  Go check it out by clicking the tab at the top of our site.  You'll find a direct link to each of our DIY posts that we've shared here at LCDF.  As you know, LCDF was started to get us design-minded women out from "I wish" and into "I did it" mentality (with me being the worst!).  So go look around and try something of your own!

I feel pretty proud of myself for this latest design fest since I designed and created the image previews, then worked the html to make it clickable and arranged into a nice grid like fashion!  It wasn't easy, but it wasn't too hard either.  Thank you, google and bloggers!

----------------------------                                                 ---------------------------------                                       ------------------------------------

I've always found myself drawn to websites with strong visuals and graphics that are displayed uniformly and symmetrically, which inspired the layout of the DIY page.  I save a TON of web/graphic/print designs in my personal inspiration folder and am seriously amazed and boggled as to how web designers can manipulate "codes" and layers and whatever else there is to create something interactive on the www.   


I love love love Madewell's sophisticated retail calendar - clean lines, strong pops of graphics, simple modern type and lots of it.


I also really enjoy the experience over at All Women Stalk.  It's like a more editorial version of Pinterest!!!  I like the big, bold chunky font with clever displays for categories, authors, and comments.  Combined with those well-picked images and I was hooked!  Easy browse-a-bility!


Anthropologie just upped their presence online with their MAG-a-ZINE.  I use their catalogs all the time when I'm attempting to design my photography look books because of their strong use of image placement, typography and wording.  Who knew you could get more clever than just saying "this page. opposite page."?  They're also very..."watercolor-y" and I'm into that right now.   Each catalog is so different and unique - how do they think of it?!



Can you tell that graphic designers fascinate me?!  I probably should've gone somewhere down that route since taking an extracurricular class in both HS and College, but I'm sooo glad to have a job now where I walk all day and am not in front of a computer (seeing as how I  am attached to my laptop the minute I get home...so. addicted. bad.) When you have no idea how they even do what they do, it just ups the respect factor!

Thankfully, the world is full of sharing people and google so even a newbie (me) who's determined to figure it out (me again) can create something similar!  Let me know if you want me to share the details, but it's pretty nerdy, techy stuff.

Here's to the DIY mode!  We ARE designing women!
p.s.  I totally want to use the Madewell calendar feel to post some daily photographs on my photography site in a more interesting way (poor neglected baby!)







3 comments:

Kerry at: July 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM said...

You're amazing, Iz! It looks fantastic!!

I'm in love with all of your inspiration examples. I'm totally with you in being drawn to symmetrical, uniform images. Nothing is more inviting to browsing, and I always get sucked in!

I'd love for you to share all the geeky, techy details! You know I'm into that stuff!

You continue to be my tech hero! xoxo

Maigen at: July 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM said...

Isabel, you are so AWESOME! This is amazing and I totally love it!!!
I'm so impressed by your tech saavy and design ideas! :)

Maigen at: July 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM said...

You should add a link to your photography site! I've never seen it and would love to take a gander! ;)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...