Petite Fashion Challenge #18: Impress Your Date



11 comments
I'm excited to participate in my second Petite Fashion Challenge! This month's challenge is hosted by the super adorable Amber from Easy Petite Looks.


When it comes to dressing for impressing my own date {that would be husband Dalles - pronounced like the city Dallas}, I tend to wear what I feel best in and what I think I look best in; basically, I pretty much always dress for myself. Selfish, I know.

D + me in my abominable snowman gloves {it was freezing}
But for this challenge I decided to directly ask my beloved D what he wants to see me wear. While I know him well enough to know what he likes, I wanted to know exactly what he preferred. His answer? Perfectly specific: My 7 FAMK Dojos, my black dress pants, my glasses, button-up blouses, my hair in a pony tail, and the color red. 

So after nearly 5 years of togetherness, with almost 4.5 of that in blissful {but you better bet your britches not in the least bit perfect} marriage, Dalles is getting exactly what he wants to see me in for date night two nights in a row. You're welcome, love.

{WARNING: Sorry for the completely subpar photos taken on the fly with a new lens that we're still trying to figure out.}

Look 1 // Casual Date Night // Let's Go to the Movies


Glasses: Warby Parker | Earrings: Kate Spade Cardigan: JCrew {on sale!} | Shirt: Liberty of London for JCrew {super old; currently crushing on this one in indian red} Necklace: JCrew Factory {old} Belt: JCrew {alternative| Denim: 7 For All Mankind Dojos {old; alternative washSandals: Jessica Simpson {not seen & old} Clutch: Banana Republic {old}

Look 2 // Dress-ier Date Night // Nice Dinner



Earrings: Anthro {old; alternativeCardigan: JCrew {no longer available; alternativeTank: Nordstrom {old} Necklace: JCrew {old; alternative - on sale!!} Belt: JCrew {old; Isabel recently scored some on the cheap at F21, so check your stores} Pants: Banana Republic {super old; alternativeHeels: ? {not seen and super old} Bag: LV Speedy 35 {a clutch would be good for this, but I'm a big bag kind of gal pretty much always}

Thanks again to Amber for hosting! I'm excited to see how everyone else dresses to impress their dates so I can steal your outfit ideas! ; )












PS: If you'd like to know about that exact moment in which Dalles and I met nearly 5 years ago, read Maigen's first-hand eye-witness here. And yes, I am totally somewhat embarrassingly clueless.

11 comments:

Amber @ EasyPetiteLooks.com at: July 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM said...

oh my goodness, you are so pretty! i love both of these, they are completely polished. and the glasses are so fun!

phiphis blog at: July 26, 2012 at 8:01 PM said...

beyond gorgeous! the two outfits are so amazing i can't pick one! xox P

Maigen at: July 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM said...

Gorg, as always!
Both looks are perfect, but my FAVE is the casual one! It is so adorable and you look so pretty and carefree in it! :)

newpetite at: July 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM said...

I love both the outfits and the fun glasses!

noniq at: July 27, 2012 at 4:53 AM said...

Love all your outfits and how you mix it, just as always ^^

SewPetiteGal at: July 27, 2012 at 6:03 AM said...

Such cute outfits! I dress for myself too and haven't thought about dressing for my husband in an eternity, lol.

eliz at: July 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM said...

Two outfits yay! Wow I really love the first outfit because the print of your top is adorable!! :-)

roey at: July 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM said...

you hubby's got good taste! both outfits look great1

http://flanremix.blogspot.com

SS at: July 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM said...

1st outfit is soooooo lovely on you. Really nice you asked his opinion!

Kerry at: July 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, everyone!! xoxo

anhie at: July 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM said...

you look gorgeous kerry! i'm loving the first outfit especially(but both look look great)! very very jcrew-ish!! :)
xoxo anhie

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...