Style That Item: Isabel's DVF Duvet Cover



8 comments
I'm so in love with Isabel's Diane von Furstenberg Zig Zag duvet cover that she scored for $99 on RueLaLa! A total steal, since it retails at Bloomingdales from $200 {twin} to $335 {king}.
The print is so gorgeous and iconically DVF, right?! Swoon.

Here is her current headboard {that she made}, which pairs beautifully with her DVF bedding.


Isabel asked for our assistance in finding sheets and pillows that best compliment the print. Her request is that we help her in making a "happy, restful, whimsical, and stylish bedroom" - sounds like the ideal bedroom to me!


Crate & Barrel Fynn Bed Linens Euro Shams {on sale for $29.99 each} - Since my suggestion is that Isabel adds a variety of colors and textures with her decorative pillows, she'll find it best to stick to a neutral sham, but still ones with great visual texture, like these. I suggest purchasing three shams to give a solid, bold backdrop to all of the decorative pillows.
ZGallerie Ludlow Throw {$69.95} - I love faux fur throws at the end of a bed! They add such a great coziness visually and functionally.

Oh man, I really hope R doesn't want to strangle me with how many decorative pillows I selected for their bedding. I know that guys aren't always into the look of a bunch of pillows on a bed. However, nothing says restful and happy to me more than pillows, so please don't hate me, R!
1. West Elm Random Sparkle Pillow Cover {$44} I love the juxtaposition of the linen and sequins, and how this pillow is a whimsical statement piece all while being a fabulous neutral.
2. Villa Home African Mod Kenya Pillow {$59.95 via Joss & Main} I think zebra print looks great with the pattern of the duvet cover. I'm kind of obsessed with the combination of the two.
3. Villa Home Tribal Dip Dye Pillow {$45.95 via Joss & Main} I love the dip dye of this pillow.
4. West Elm Sculpted Origami Pillow Cover {$34} The texture of the shams are echoed in this origami pillow. It looks so cozy to me.
5. Villa Home Bohemian Chic in Off White {$36.95 via Joss & Main} This pillow is piped in a perfect golden hue. I love it.
6. West Elm Gemma Orkin Long-Tailed Bird Silk Pillow Cover {$39} Whimsy is ever present in this gorgeous pillow. How fabulously do the colors coordinate with the duvet cover? Love!
7. West Elm Potter's Workshop Embroidered Stripe Pillow Cover {$34} Again, I love how the stripes and dots of this pillow compliment the pattern of the duvet cover.
8. West Elm Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover {on sale $39.99} I love the fabulous texture and visual interest that furry pillows add. I have a feeling Iz's kitties will love it, too!


West Elm Organic Ikat-Stripe Sheet Set {priced $34 to $119} - Isabel is like me in that we lean towards the earthy, crunchy aspect of things most of the time, so I know that she'll appreciate the organic nature of these sheets. I'm giddy over how well the ikat-stripe design of these sheets coordinates with her bedding. It will be so fun to see the pattern peaking through her shams!

Though Isabel didn't request any other items for her room aside from pillows and sheets, I think these curtains would be lovely!

There you have it, Iz! I hope you find an element {or two!} that you love!

How would you style Isabel's DVF Zig Zag duvet cover?

8 comments:

jas at: July 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM said...

love the chevron and stripes!

forallthatjas.blogspot.com

Kerry at: July 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM said...

I agree! Her DVF duvet cover is to die for!

Maigen at: July 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM said...

Beautiful room, as always! I totally used that striped WE pillow, too! So perfect with the duvet!

I am LOVING the bird pillow & the zebra! Probably my favorite things! Perfection! :)

Kathleen Lisson at: July 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM said...

I do love me some Posh! My favorite character's fashion was Charlotte York. Always a class act.

Kerry at: July 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM said...

Thanks, Maigen! Can't wait to see how you styled it!

Oh, good one, Kathleen! I agree with you on Charlotte York! : )

Isabel at: July 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM said...

OK, you must know me so well. Those WE sheets AND that embroidered stripe pillow have been in my cart for so long :D

I just want to jump into that bed right now! It looks so cozy! The origami pillows add some great texture and of course that fur throw is a must!

Awesome job!

luna at: October 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM said...

What caught my attention is the zebra pillow. I would love to have one to pair with my zebra bedspread at home. Love the print.

Leather Armchair at: October 19, 2012 at 4:53 AM said...

i really love this bedding, specially this West Elm Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover..how cute it is..!!

Wing Chairs

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...