A Fabulous Coral Dress!



7 comments
The fabulous and super-pretty Lilly of Pancakes & Beet Juice is wearing a fierce coral dress to a wedding later this month, and we are lucky enough to play around with styling it!  

Voila:

Gorgeous, no?!  This is one of my favorite colors EVA, and so on-trend with the lovely peplum and ultra-feminine neckline. 

Lilly has these fabulous Urban Outfitters pumps {also seen here}.  I think they sold out of the beautiful minty green ones she actually has, so here is an idea {the left is, I believe, the style, and the right is the color}:
I'm going to use the picture of the wedge in my set, just to show the color combo! 
Anthro earrings / Anthro scarf / wristlet / bracelet
Lilly already owns a really pretty cuff bracelet with a big aqua stone {worn to the Wisteria/Rue event}.  I would definitely add that in to the look!  {Or, the aqua bracelet that I included and am currently coveting from J Crew Factory!} The scarf is to be wrapped around her shoulders when she gets chilly.  I think keeping the stunning neckline open and visible is super-important! 

This second look is my take on classic glam.  The earrings I reeeaaallly wanted to put with it are no longer available.  {Insert frowny face here.} 
They are the most excellent bee earrings owned by our very own Kerry {seen here, here, and here}.  But, sometimes what we want is not to bee.  {Get it?  OMGoodness, I need SLEEP!} 

This outfit can either be worn with the cardi, or, if Lilly is feeling adventurous and ever-so-slightly Joan Collins-esque, with the leopard-print scarf... as a turban. 
{To be read "O Comma Jackie"}
scarf /clutchearrings / $ Pumps / $$ Pumps / $$$ Pumps / hose /  J Crew dot sweater
Yes, I'm sure you're very surprised.  I do enjoy a good turban.  I wore one to an engagement party the other week and it really upped the ante.  You just have to bring your A-game when you're wearing a turban.  You really gotta be on.  Otherwise, you're that dud in the turban, if you know what I mean.  There's a certain 'je ne sais quoi' that is expected.  And, I think Lilly might just be the girl to pull it off without a hitch!

Also, although  I suggested a few pairs of neutral pumps, I really think the minties from above would be an awesome substitute.  How hot would that be, coral, black, white and mint?  Ooh, la, la!

I thought some of those seam-up-the-back pantyhose would be cute with it, but, I warn you, DON'T google "seam up the back hose."  Eeeewww.  Anyway, whenever I wear them, I always feel like I'm on "Mad Men."

How weird is this?  When I thought I couldn't find the same leopard-print scarf I have from Target {perfect size for a turban}, I was on Nordstrom and saw this girl, who totally is the embodiment of what I was going for with the "O, Jackie" look!
Now, let's see what the lovely Kerry came up with for Lilly!  {I got a sneak peak and her looks are absolutely flawless, as always!}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's a tough act to follow! Don't you love Maigen's genius ensembles? Girl's got talent. 
{And just to note: Yes, our looks are somewhat similar, but I promise we didn't collaborate one bit!}

Just as Maigen, I'm in love with Lilly's timeless yet totally on-trend dress, and I agree that the neckline detailing is too lovely to be covered by a necklace, so you won't see any in my outfit sets. This dress is reminiscent of Victoria Beckham's designs, and I know from seeing her in that ever-famous-and-fabulous ISSA dress on her blog {yes, the one Catherine Middleton wore to announce her engagement to Prince William}, that she is going to look stunning in it!

For this first look, I channeled some Charlotte York {since Lilly mentioned her admiration for Maigen's Charlotte look in this post}, and gave her a Polka Preppy ensemble. I love how the bow belt and clutch add extra touches of femininity, and you can't go wrong with classic pearls. Of course this look wouldn't be Polka Preppy without those awesome Kate Spade polka dot heels.
POLKA PREPPY  Earrings // Belt // Clutch // Pumps


Next is a look that will utilize Lilly's neutral pumps that I spotted in her ISSA dress post {that I referenced above}, and add touches of art-deco and sparkle. Just as Maigen, I love how complimentary the minty hues are to the gorgeous coral tone of Lilly's dress.

NEUTRAL NOUVEAU  Earrings // Bracelet // Bracelet // Bag // Pumps


The third look is capitalizing on one of fall's most popular colors: green. Drawing from my youth art years in which I learned that red and green are complimentary colors, I knew that these gorgeous emerald tones would look lovely paired with Lilly's vibrant coral dress. I'm dying over those beautiful {and affordable!} earrings; they definitely make an impression reminiscent of the emerald city. And because I love animals, I had to add in this gorgeous feathered clutch and the adorable Tory Burch fox cuff. I covet it.
EMERALD CITY  Earrings // Fox Cuff // Bangles // Clutch // Pumps

I hope I was able to give you some styling inspiration for your fabulous dress, Lilly! Enjoy the wedding!

7 comments:

Maigen at: August 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM said...

Okay, Kerry, I loved both of the original looks {especially the "Neutral Nouveau", as I told you before}. But, then, you went and made "Emerald City!" Mind blown. I love it! What a fantastic color combo, and totally unexpected!

Kerry at: August 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM said...

Thanks so much! xoxo

Of course I love what you came up with; I really hope Lilly chooses to rock a turban!

Lilly at: September 3, 2012 at 9:34 PM said...

Y'ALL! I love all of these looks so much. This might be the only time you hear me say that I hope more of my friends get married so I can keep wearing this dress over and over again! I love the black and white polka dots idea. It helps make it work appropriate without completely dulling it down. The aqua ideas are perfect for a luncheon and I love the Emerald City as I was thinking jewel tones might be the best way to make it both fall and evening appropriate.

Let's get together again soon. Rocking turbans, most obviously.

Lilly

Longhorn Fashions at: September 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM said...

This is awesome!! Now I want to buy that dress so I can try all the looks above. anddddd now I have that art deco bag in my shopping cart, what a steal!

Maigen at: September 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM said...

Thanks ladies! :) Lily, you'll have to post what you wear, as you will, no doubt, look fabulous, dahling! I agree the jewel tones might be the way to go, I was in love with the Emerald City look, too!

*M

Kerry at: September 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM said...

Thanks! I'm so glad our ideas were helpful to you! I agree with Maigen that you'll have to post how you wear it!

Longhorn Fashions - so glad you have that art deco bag in your shopping cart! It's such a great deal!

xoxoK

Isabel at: September 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM said...

WOW! Those color combinations totally rock! Blew my mind with how many clever ways you guys came up with! It's like the coral is a neutral.

AMAZING!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...