DG & LD {M's Monthly Love}



2 comments

{Check out our new "Monthly Love" graphic, by Kerry!  How fabulous is that?!}

All August, I've been really digging neon.  Or DG {day-glo}.  Fluorescent.  I have always liked all of these words. 

Probably because they bring to mind the punk-tastic styles of yesteryear, when as a child of the 80s, I donned an armload of neon jelly bracelets and was very, very avant garde.

I'm excited to see these colors back in style.  I'm thinking about how to transition them into fall, and it seems like the juxtaposition of neon and neutrals like tan or black is probably my plan... But that is for another post. 

Here are several of my neon inspirations for today {several from Pinterest via Ank's Neon Board.  Check it out, it's pretty cool}:

Tibi Resort 2013 / nail polish / door / watch / scarf
clutches / typewriter / acrylic neon business cards / fall flats look / belt
table setting / rainbow spot print / Nikes
arrows / wall / chair
orange room / ampersand  / macrame
neon wedding / silverware
Here is an outfit I wore lately with neon.  I wanted to go super-preppy/classic with my accessories, since the pants are so surprising. 

earrings: J Crew Factory / snakeskin glasses: Via Spiga  /  blouse: Target / pants: GAP / necklace: Premier Jewelry / bag: Kate Spade / loafers: GAP
I was wishing for a cobalt-blue necklace to wear, and would have, possibly, carried my blue clutch, too, depending on how matchy-matchy I was feeling!
J Crew Factory Crystal Triangles Necklace
The iconic J Crew Bubble Necklace
Tori Spelling "Armor" Necklace
My other monthly love has nothing to do with fashion or design {aside from being a trendsetter pour les enfants}.  It is my new niece, Lily Drew {LD}. 
I mean, you've GOT to be kidding me!  Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen!?  *Sigh.*  I can't wait until January, when I get to finally meet this little bundle in her home state of Hawaii!

Have you ever been to Hawaii?  Any tips on things I absolutely MUST do/see?  Please share in the comments!

2 comments:

Kerry at: August 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM said...

Oooh! I love DG, too! What great inspiration photos you amassed!

LD is so cute! Welcome to auntie-hood! It's pretty much the best.

Isabel at: September 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM said...

OMGOMGOMG, I want to go all neon! I'm OBSESSED with that neon door with the black wallpaper, and I want that Orange room! I was browsing our blog to link to a post and while skimming this one I couldn't stop thinking "Dam*n, this is one amazing collection. M is such a style icon, trendsetter!"

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...