Happy National S'mores Day!



3 comments
When Sprinkles tweeted out that today was National S'mores Day, I immediately notified the troops and requested a trip to go grab their limited-time S'mores cupcakes. I must confess that this would make the second time in just one week that we grabbed some to eat. I should be ashamed, but they're so darn good it extinguishes any shameful feelings. Usually Sprinkles cupcakes are a little too sweet for me to handle all at once, but these break that curse for me. Huzzah for that!

The cupcake's components? Graham cracker and salt-lined Belgian dark chocolate cake filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallow frosting. Or in other words: AWESOMENESS. They are hands-down my favorite cupcake of all time. They're only available until September 3rd, so hurry your hineys there asap. And note: They're seriously messy thanks to that toasted marshmallow frosting amazingness. Do yourself a favor and grab a fork before you dig in. I didn't the first time I ate one, and I ended up with a broad marshmallow mustache. : )


Also in honor of National S'mores Day, I want to share a few of my favorite s'mores memories...
* Last summer we went to Palm Beach and stayed at the Ritz-Carlton there. They have a build your own s'mores dessert that you get to cook over your very own mini-hibachi {see photos above}. It was so fun that we later bought a mini-hibachi so that we could relive it anytime we wanted.
* We had an indoor glamping party for two last winter, in which we set up our tent {complete with twinkle lights}, watched Elf, and made s'mores over candlelight.
* Our engagement party included a fire pit and a build your own s'mores station.
* At a bonfire in college, I was introduced to making s'mores with Reece's peanut butter cups. Holy moly. If you haven't tried it, you must!

I love s'mores! Do you?

3 comments:

Maigen at: August 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM said...

OMGoodness, YUM! That pic of you is too cute! It's like you were caught at one of your happiest moments! :)

Lisa - respect the shoes at: August 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM said...

OMG, those s'mores cupcakes. Arghhfdgfh ... I'm drooling!

Kerry at: August 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM said...

Maigen - definitely one of my happiest moments!

And Lisa - RUN to Sprinkles as fast as you can and go get you one! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...