Ikea 2012 Preview!



3 comments
Ikea kind of surprised me this year with some interesting products!  They've always been masters at creating rooms and it's always a treat to thumb through their catalog.  There are SO MANY Ikea hacks that the sky is really the limit when it comes to their products.  Many of their items are pretty much based off of high end products so do what you can with them, right?!  It's all about combining high and low together!  Here are a few new things that caught my eye.


ikea 2012


1. IKEA Vivan /  1. IKEA Merete / 2. IKEA Hönefoss / 3. IKEA Väster /  4. IKEA Malm / 5. IKEA Bladis / 6. IKEA Lappljung Ruta / 6. IKEA Lappljung Ruta / 7. IKEA Godmorgon  / 8. IKEA Lillången / 9. IKEA Koldby /  10. IKEA Angenäm /

1. Favorite curtains in new colors! I got the Vivan in TEAL for my classroom yesterday and love the color and price of $9.99!  Expect a DIY art project there! I thought the purple curtains in this room looked so homey!

2.  I took these home yesterday too - hexagon mirror tiles in two different finishes.  Not sure what I'll do with them yet, but I really wanted them!
3. These pendant lights remind me of the high end ones that you've seen floating around the blogosphere.  After seeing them in person though, they're too plastic to look stunning, but not completely out of the question!

4.  This uber thin table is perfect for an entry way, a long thin desk, a vanity, you name it!  I like the way they styled it here in the catalog as part of a small dressing room.  The clothes are hanging opposite the table.

5. Don't these woven boxes look foxy?  I love the texture on them!

6. This rug caught my eye in the store from way far away!  I would love to use this in my reading room and I'm actually favoring the brown one over the b/w one!  The contrast trim is SO FUN!  It's really very stunning!  The only downside is that it's flat woven and therefore (to me) uncomfortable.  Click on it!  You'll see!

7. I need something modern, thin, and inconspicuous as storage in my guest bath.  I like the sleekness of this one!

8. Another option for the guest bath would be this mirrored option.  In a small, dark space it would really help with bouncing light and giving the illusion that there's nothing there versus the dark heavy brown option above.  

9. A frugal alternative to the cowhide, though I'm pretty wary of Ikea textiles.  I just don't like the feel of them even if they look decent!  (Like their faux sheepskin rugs - just can't do it)

10. I thought these bowls looked super fancy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some other ideas from the catalog that I loved!

I want these for my classroom!

I like the slick modern look of these cabinets and how fun is it that they're blue?

A fun, though not new, DIY project of wrapping frames with fabric!  Loving all three options paired together - so nautical!

What a fun way to hang frames!  I love the layered look and have actually been wanting to do this with frames for a few years now!  The rack makes it a bit easier to implement.

So into black and white jagged dots!  This one is more of a floral pattern, but still sexy!  I'd use it as a round tablecloth with gilded table settings for a NYE party!

What do you all think of Ikea?  See anything new that you liked?


3 comments:

Kerry at: August 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM said...

I was totally pleasantly surprised by IKEA, too! I love that Malm table and those woven boxes! They are sexy!

eliz at: August 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM said...

I spent hours looking at the catalog this past weekend...hahaha drrroooling over everything

Maigen at: August 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM said...

Love this! I actually had my eye on that gold-lined bowl, too!

I might have to copy you & get that tall, skinny cabinet! ;)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...