Style That Item: Isabel's Dainty Rhinestone Dress



3 comments
Isabel recently requested our assistance with helping her style a dress that she'll wear as a bridesmaid. The wedding colors are pink, gray, and white, and Isabel is in search of complimentary accessories to complete her bridesmaid ensemble. In addition, she's looking for ways to style her dress for everyday, non-bridesmaid use.
F21 Dainty Rhinestone Dress
All of the accessories are interchangeable, which is why I didn't make any specific combinations. I love the dainty rhinestones on her dress, so I tried to pick up on them by adding other touches of sparkle in the accessories. Mix and match to your heart's desire, Isabel!

Top Row: 1 // 2
Bottom Row: 1 // 2

Jewelry: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
Clutches: 1 // 2 // 3*

Belts: 1 // 2 // 3
Shoes: 1 // 2 // 3
*I adore that Kate Spade 'Emma' book clutch. The back has the following quote, perfect for lovers: "It darted through her with the speed of an arrow that Mr. Knightley must marry no one but herself." Sigh, right?!


And now it's time for some post-wedding/non-bridesmaid looks! I know it's still hotter than Hades in these parts, but my heart is aching for fall, so I couldn't help but steer in that direction with most of these ensembles. One of the great features of Isabel's dress is that it's perfectly neutral, so the styling options are effortlessly endless.

First up is a look that punches up the dress with cerulean blue. Was that anyone else's favorite crayon growing up? I always loved coloring with it! I'm capitalizing on the pink in that gorgeous jeweled belt with those lovely sparkly suede flats. I like that this look is delicate and feminine. It's great for a nice Saturday afternoon strolling around town.



Neon brights add punches of excitement to Isabel's neutral dress in this next look. I love the crochet work on those earrings.  I would belt the sweater on the outside to make sure the golden thread work on the belt had some of the spotlight, rather than being hidden under the cardigan. The snakeskin flats help to tone down the look, all while adding some interesting texture and some sparkle.


Tabitha's Chevron Cardigan is filled with gorgeous colors ideal for fall! I think it would be cute to have that little butterfly belt peaking out from beneath it to add a little whimsy, and the straw bag adds a little pattern mixing into the game. You can't go wrong with these classic Frye Paige boots; riding boot are a closet essential in my book. I love this look topped off with a cute wool fedora!



I've had my eye on that Lush blazer for awhile. I find the colors in the floral pattern so pleasing; feminine without being over-the-top girly. I love a mix of floral and leopard, so I had to add in that fun cuff! The green bag pulls out the green touches in the floral pattern, while the necklace adds another punch of sparkle. 
Blazer // Earrings // Necklace // Boots // Belt // Bag // Cuff


This last look is probably my favorite. I love the idea of the sparkle touches on the dress peeking through the pointelle of the sweater. I can see Isabel rocking this out on a sexy date night with R! I would suggest wearing her hair up in a cute top knot to really show off those horn dangle earrings. The skinny belt will help accentuate her tiny waist, and I'm dying over those sexy booties! They're on my wishlist!

I hope you were able to get some inspiration, Isabel! I love that your dress is so versatile! I've very rarely had that possibility with the bridesmaid dresses I've worn.

Have you been lucky enough to have bridesmaid dresses that are versatile enough to transfer over to everyday wear? If so, how did you style them?



3 comments:

Maigen at: August 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM said...

These are all soooo cute! As I'm sure you would expect, I am especially loving the look with the chevron sweater and fedora! How fabulous is that?! AND, those Frye boots have been on my wish list for a couple of years now! LOVE!

Kerry at: August 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM said...

Thanks, Maigs!! Yeah, those Frye boots are amazing. I'm not sure why I haven't just bit the bullet and bought them yet!!

Isabel at: September 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM said...

Ok, I'm about to buy every single outfit from top to bottom! I have too many favorites - especially the pink cardi, the Lush blazer and the date night look! The pointelle is so pretty!

That gray bow shoe is so dang cute too! Thanks for all your fabulous ideas!!! I want everything!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...