The Liebster Blog Award



2 comments
Thanks, Helen of Dieting Fashions & Katherine of Katattack2000 for nominating us for the Liebster Blog Award! 

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!


11 Things about WE {since there are three of us, we will each provide three things about ourselves, and two collective things}:
1. Isabel: I teach second grade and dapple in photography when I can.  I'm pretty obsessed with images.
2. Isabel: I waste a lot of time but think I'm doing something "really important".  Does that ever happen to anybody else??  Sometimes I call it "research" to make myself feel better!
3. Isabel:  I told my cat the other day, "Stop thinking about it and just do it already!"  I think that was me projecting my own feelings onto my cat.  Sorry, Arbuckle!  It was meant for me!
4. Kerry: I recently "retired" from teaching elementary-aged kiddos.
5. Kerry: I'm a pretty shy/quiet person at first; it takes me awhile to warm-up and be comfortable around those I don't know well.
6. Kerry: I am the only person in my immediate family that was born in Texas; everyone else was born on the east coast.
7. Maigen: I just got a part-time job at West Elm in the visual department!  So, for a few hours a week, I will get to play with displays and design {and get PAID for it, what?!}! 
8. Maigen: Right now, I am obsessed with different versions of the top-knot hairstyle and playing with options to make it fun.  {Who am I kidding, "right now?"  It's always one of my faves!}
9. Maigen: I have decided to make world travel one of my top priorities... I love to see new places!   
10. LCDF: Like most things in life, we talked about doing this blog for a while before we created it. Maigen & Isabel actually met for the first time at our first blog meeting in January {we were both friends with the ever-so-stylish Kerry}!  We needed a creative outlet that would also lend us a new excuse for more shopping!
11. LCDF: If you can't tell, our favorite stores are J Crew, Anthropologie, West Elm & Z Gallerie!

Dieting Fashions' questions {since there are three of us, we will each answer a few questions}:
1. Describe your perfect day. Maigen:  Sleep in; take a long, hot shower; go shopping with friends or my mom and sisters and spend tons of someone else's money on clothes and home decor; go out to sushi; make out with a George Clooney look-alike; eat chocolate; read; watch a great film while snuggling in my uber-comfy bed and fall to sleep to the sound of rain!  Is that specific enough?
2. Would you rather win the lottery or live the way you are now?  Isabel:  Um, can I safely say "Lottery" without being judged?!  But ONLY if I win it anonymously and no one knew.  I'd rather approach people/organizations than people hounding me for money.

3. 3 Things you would want if you were on a deserted island. Click here for our answers!
4. Top Favorite Book. Click here for our answers!
5. If you have super powers, what power would that be?  Kerry: I would grant world peace. How's that for a pageant answer? {No, I was never in pageants, but I do like watching them.}
6. After a stressful day, what do you do to de-stress?  Maigen: see question #1.  JK, my first step is to put on pajama pants the second I get home!  Also, a Seinfeld re-run is a must!
7. What do you fear the most?  Isabel:  Drowning.  I cannot watch water scenes.  My heart beats super fast, my breath gets really shallow, and I cover my eyes/ears or leave the room.  It's horribly embarrassing.
8. How do you see yourself 10 years from now?  Kerry: Living happily in the country-side with my husband, kids, puppies, and horses.
9. Do you believe in Love At First Sight?  Kerry: I believe in good instincts/chemistry at first sight. I think love comes later, which in my case with Dalles was like a week later. ; )
10. What is your favorite song?  Isabel:  I...don't have favorites?  Because come on, there's a specific time and use for everything!  My favorite song to make me happy, my favorite song to start the day with, my favorite song for belting heart felt emotions at the top of my lungs.
11. What is your favorite type of cuisine?  Maigen: Sushi.  And Mexican.  But not together.  Although, that might be an interesting fusion restaurant idea...


LCDF's Querries
1. Name 3-4 pieces of your wardrobe that best define your personal style. -from Kerry
2. What are your go-to beauty products? -from Kerry
3. What is a typical day like for you? -from Kerry
4. How did you decide to start your blog? -from Kerry
5. From which store would you most like to win a shopping spree? -from Maigen
6. Is there a celebrity whose closet you would love to raid?  Who? -from Maigen
7. What is your signature color {or colors}? -from Maigen 
8. Aside from blogging, what are a couple of your other favorite hobbies? -from Maigen 
9.  When you feel a lack of creativity, where do you go to recharge?  Or what sites/people do you draw inspiration from? -from Isabel
10. What does your man/kids/important people think about you blogging? -from Isabel
11. How do you blog more efficiently and what are your tips for steam lining your workflow? - from Isabel

The Nominees:
The Mackenzie Pages
Kae's Corner Design
Tiny Bits of Nonsense
Just Jen
Wholly Kao
SUNCHILD
Yuling Designs
D'Arcy Benincosa Photography
Live.Laugh.Love.
karabou-creations




2 comments:

Helene at: October 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM said...

how funny that i nominated you too!! well deserved!

Kerry at: October 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM said...

Thanks, Helene! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...