Iz's PFC #19: Trend Benders



5 comments

Pandaphilia is hosting this month's Petite Fashion Challenge:  Trend Benders. At first I didn't think I had anything worthwhile to share, but at the last minute I figured something out!  Here's the premise:

Pick your favourite Summer or Fall 2012 trend and make it work for you, whether it's going all-out, incorporating it into a professional outfit or using it in moderation. For example - how would you bend this neon brights trend into something in sync with your personal style? Challenge yourself - you might even take something you think would never work on you and get creative! Extra brownie points if you can use your trend in more than one look.

I decided to combine the resurgence of polka dots with the ever present trend of colored bottoms!  You've seen me wear this outfit here in my monthly love post, but I thought I could show more views of the outfit in all its glory.  Am I being original?  No, but still excited that it works for this challenge!  Plus, I added some new items to my closet that I wanted to show off :)



Transitioning into fall with the addition of a blazer- good call, Maigen!
I love the pop of turquoise from my flats!
 


Continuing my love of turquoise, is a pairing of the dalmatian blouse with a bright pencil skirt.  R decided he wanted to take over the artistic vision role and made me pose like so on the left.   With his toes.  Because he can.  Can't complain if the guy sets aside his dinner to be my photographer =)

Oh, and here's another R conceptual portrait: "Turn the chair on its side like you just got attacked.  Now look scared."  Haha!  Thanks for making it fun, R!  We don't take ourselves too seriously - especially in front of the camera!

I had one other outfit planned with my uber cute J.Crew Factory purple/magenta skirt but the power went out for a few hours.  Next time!  Thanks for the fun challenge, Pandaphilia!

 TOP: Forever 21 // CAPRIS: LOFT // BLAZER: Express // SKIRT:  J.Crew Factory // HEELS: Firefly Boutique // FLATS: Target



5 comments:

lizette vigo at: September 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM said...

love both outfits! i have a lime pencil skirt i was trying to figure out what top to wear! problem solved: navy cardigan and polka dot blouse! thanks for the inspiration! :)
the picture with the chair! so funny! hahaha

www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

Maigen at: September 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM said...

SO great, Iz! My fave fave fave is the blazer outfit, probably because of the fun color combo and layering! It's just really fresh and different!

Also... That CHAIR pic! Cracking me up!! :)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com at: September 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM said...

ooh i really like the turquoise! your neon pants are BAM too :) hahaha the chair photo made me laugh so much. thanks for participating! remember to link up on my post :) you get to enter your blog info and crop your thumbnail too.

pandaphilia style

Kerry at: September 19, 2012 at 2:37 PM said...

Love the bright colors with your adorable blouse! My favorite is the blazer outfit, too because I'm in love with the color of your flats and how great everything looks together! Well done! xoxo

eliz at: September 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM said...

Wow I really like the yellow and navy blazer combination. I can so see myself wear that. :-) Great outfit post!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...