Maigen's Fall Faves!



4 comments
I just love fall... I love it.  It's definitely my favorite season.  Something about the crisp fall mornings, the smells associated with fall {mostly from [someone else] baking spiced sweets or me burning pumpkin candles}, the layering of clothing, and above all, the falling temps.  Have we ever mentioned that Texas is brutally HOT?!  Haha, if you read this blog, I think you would agree with me that the heat usually comes up at least, oh, once a week?!  It's just hard not to mention it.  It's like the giant flaming elephant in the room.  Gross.

Anyway, on to a little collection of my most wanted for fall.  Some of these items are attainable, and some are outrageously priced.  I can easily find the most expensive thing in any store.  Put me in a Wal-Mart {ick!  But really, DON'T.} or a Neiman Marcus, and I can point out the most expensive item, because it will be the one I am instantly drawn to and MUST HAVE {but rarely dish out the dough to actually leave with}.
Too expensive, but gorgeous, orange leather nail head ottoman {House Beautiful... Parker by Lillian August} / Gap cardi / Navy blazer / Tarte Glamazon 12 hour lipstick in Fierce or Nars Heat Wave semi-matte lipstick / much more affordable Target ottoman

Chanel CC logo cap-toes {photo from I am Style-ish} / a sassy {but still long enough to wear in a top-knot} new 'do {via A Piece of Toast's fabulous Lincoln Center fashion pics!} / the very pricey Rickman end table from House Beautiful {brought to my attention by a very stylish West Elm co-worker, Noel} / dark grey nail polish {my sis, Georgia, was wearing some the other day and it looked so cute!  I decided I need some, too!} / coach Poppy Blossom / Kate Spade signature spade earrings

Kelly & Katie Nahla boot / Gomax Selma bootie / Crowne Vintage Sportster Suede boots
Okay, so, as much as I don't cook, I thought I would share a couple of easy, and crowd-pleasing casserole recipes.  Because fall is about, if nothing else, casseroles.  ;)

I have made these for Thanksgiving pot-lucks with the fam as well as pot-lucks at work, to great acclaim.  I definitely do not cook often, and therefore, when I do, it better be awesome.  I think I got both recipes from my little sister, Meredith.  So, snaps to her.  Both of my sisters are amazing cooks.  I don't know how that gene skipped me.  WTHeck?!

These are both slightly spicy veggie casseroles.  Hey, we're from Texas, man.  If you want boring casseroles, you have come to the wrong place, mi amigo.

Corn & Jalapeno Casserole
1/2 stick melted butter {1/4 c}
2 eggs, beaten
1 c sour cream
1/4 c {+ a bit, if desired} cornmeal
1 c Monterey Jack {cubed or shredded}
1/2 c {+ a bit, if desired} chopped jalapeno {jarred or canned, drained}
2 pkgs frozen sweet corn {the smaller bags--I think 16 oz each}


grease small casserole dish with butter
mix eggs, sour cream, and corn meal
add rest of ingredients {I would add melted butter and mix in before adding the frozen corn... I didn't and it got all clumped up}

put a sprinkling of cheese on top, then jalapenos for decoration {plus, they're JALAPENOS! Just can't get enough!}
bake @ 350 for 45 minutes

EAT! 

Spicy Green Bean Casserole
{You may notice this is the standard Green Bean Casserole recipe from the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup can or the French's Onion canister... The only difference is that I mix in a can of Rotel [those awesome stewed tomatoes & peppers].  You can drain it, but the more juice you leave, the spicier [yummier] it will be!  I usually drain a bit out, because I'm scared the casserole will end up soupy.}

2 {10.75 ounce} cans Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 cups cooked cut green beans {I use canned french cut green beans, but fresh is probably even better!}
2 2/3 cups French's French Fried Onions

Stir soup, milk, pepper, beans, ROTEL, and 1 1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 min. or until hot. Stir.

Top with remaining onions. Bake for 5 minutes more.
Do you have any favorite fall recipes?

Also, one last thing.  I got an email from J Crew this week, and am now totally obsessed with this look:
Don't you just love it?  It's fall, but still fresh and bright.  So glad we don't have to just wear forest green and maroon and mustard yellow this fall {not that I can really pull off those colors, anyway}!

What fall looks have inspired you?








4 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: September 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM said...

I love that studded ottoman! What a cool piece.

Amy



Fashion and Beauty Finds

Lilly at: September 17, 2012 at 9:17 AM said...

love the burnt orange with a red lip. and that corn and jalapeno casserole sounds amazing! i don't believe in recipes that have more than 5 ingredients so these are perfect for me! have a great Monday!

Lilly
pancakesandbeetjuice.com

Kerry at: September 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM said...

Love that J.Crew look! Awesomeness. Blazers make me so happy; not sure why I left them out of my fall favorites list!

Maigen at: September 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM said...

Thanks, ladies! I had perhaps too much fun pretend-shopping for this post! ;)

And Lilly, yes, you should make the casserole! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...