M's Monthly DIY: A New Look for Some Plaster Angels



1 comments
I lucked out and scored these three plaster angel wall-hangings when my grandmom downsized! 

The only problem: they were so dark and the bronze glaze made me think they looked like they should be in some old, somewhat scary church in a place like Transylvania.  I don't know why I think that.  Am I just overly imaginative, or do you see it, too?
But, they're angels, man.  I think they need to be happy and bright.  And in this case, perhaps a little bit funky.  Taking a page from the faux-animal-head playbook,
West Elm animal head sculptures
I spray-painted them flat white.  {My mom's a genius, this was her idea!}  Now, what I have is some up-to-date angels!  Yay!
All I had to do is wipe them down with a damp cloth to make sure there wasn't any dust and then do several layers of spray paint.  It was a super-easy project that only took about 30 minutes.  I

'm going to hang them on my little orange wall!  {I am still unpacking at my new apartment, but once I hang them up, I will post a pic!  ...And, yes, it is taking far too long.  I moved on August 4th, but my garage just became available.  I have to store a ton of stuff, so it's all been just hanging around in my apartment!  I still have boxes up to my eyeballs!}

Have you done any quick little projects lately {and/or then tried to pass them off as an actual DIY on your blog? ;)} 

1 comments:

Kerry at: October 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your wall and the angels! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...