PFC #19: Trend Benders



16 comments
This month's Petite Fashion Challenge is hosted by the cute Angie from pandaphilia!


Here's the challenge:
Pick your favourite Summer or Fall 2012 trend and make it work for you, whether it's going all-out, incorporating it into a professional outfit or using it in moderation. For example - how would you bend this neon brights trend into something in sync with your personal style? Challenge yourself - you might even take something you think would never work on you and get creative!

I decided to "trend bend" denim-on-denim for this challenge. No longer merely reserved for Jay Leno, denim-on-denim has been on the scene for a few seasons now. Even though I was resistant to it at first, I now think of it as a great way to combine simplistic basics, all while keeping some visual interest intact.  I've experimented with it before, but this time I get to give denim-on-denim a lovely fall twist. By the way, the best part about putting this outfit on was that it was in the low 70s {!!!} and I was completely comfortable. Thank you, Texas, for realizing that fall is approaching and stopping this whole summer business. And muwah to you, cooler temps!






 SHIRT J.Crew {old; alternative} // DENIM Gap // BELT J.Crew {old; alternative} // BOOTS MICHAEL Michael Kors {old; alternative} // TRENCH Banana Republic {old; alternative} // EARRINGS Anthro {old; alternative} // BAG LV Speedy 35


My favorite way to wear another trend, neon, is with black and white, as seen here. I also love to add it in in tiny amounts with my beloved fluorescent green Kate Spade Gumdrop Studs seen herehereherehere, and here.


Thanks again to Angie for hosting! Be sure to check out all of the other participants!

16 comments:

Angie | Pandaphilia.com at: September 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM said...

you are SO SO pretty! this is my new fave look for fall - glasses, preppy, even a little equestrian! pinnnninggg inspo :)

thanks for participating! remember to link up on my post :) you get to enter your blog info and crop your thumbnail too.

pandaphilia style

CynthiaC at: September 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM said...

The glasses make you look very Jenna Lyons-like! :)

phiphis blog at: September 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM said...

super adorable!! love it!

xox P

phiphi's blog

Kathleen Lisson at: September 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM said...

That's a great trench!

Megan at: September 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM said...

I love this outfit! Especially for Fall. :) Everything is just pulled together so perfectly. Amazing :)

The Little Dust Princess at: September 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM said...

I love this look! So perfect for fall. : )

katattack2000 at: September 19, 2012 at 3:03 AM said...

This is a great outfit :) You look like a model :)

katattack2000.wordpress.com

Kerry at: September 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! xoxo

lizette vigo at: September 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM said...

super cute! <3

www.thetbluecurtain.blogspot.com

Shamelessly Overdressed at: September 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM said...

Hi fellow PFC-er,

I love this outfit! You look so sophisticated and classy... plus you are a fellow Texan! Although I live and blog from SF now, I grew up in Texas, which will forever be my home state.

Looking forward to more fabulous outfit posts from you! :)


Love, S

http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com

Kerry at: September 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM said...

Thank you so much, Lizette!

S - Thank you! Glad to virtually run into another petite Texan! I love SF; that's where I got married!

xoxo

eliz at: September 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM said...

Oh my favorite part of this outfit is your belt...a perfect in between denim touch!

Maigen at: September 22, 2012 at 10:12 AM said...

Super-classic & super-cute! I love all the big-smile pics lately! :)

*M

Kerry at: September 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM said...

Thanks, Maigen & Liz!!

SewPetiteGal at: September 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM said...

You look lovely as always :) I'm rather envious of how good you can look both with and without glasses - so beautiful!

Kerry at: October 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM said...

Thank you, SPG! You're too sweet! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...