Style That Item: GAP Polkadot Loafers



4 comments


I'm excited to have this edition of Style That Item focus on my GAP calf-hair polkadot loafers! {First mentioned here.} While they're nearly sold out online, my local GAP still had tons in stock, so be sure to check stores if you want some, too. I scored them during one of GAP's 30% off promotions. {Confession: I have a hard time buying anything for full-price at GAP; I rarely, if ever, do with how often they run promotions.} I have to admit that they're not the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn; I definitely had to endure a few rounds of wearing them with bandaids on my heels. But they're pretty darn cute, and I think we can all agree that suffering in the name of cuteness is, more often than not, worth it.

Here are just a few examples of how I styled my polkadotties with items that currently occupy my closet. Thank goodness it has started to cool down in these parts, because I've been able to bust them out and wear them!


Seen first here
TEE Gap {old; alternative} // SWEATER  J.Crew // DENIM Gap // NECKLACE J.Crew {old; alternative} // CROSSBODY J.Crew Outlet {old; alternative}





TEE J.Crew {now on super duper sale; they're hands down my favorite tees ever} // PANTS Gap // EARRINGS Anthro {old; alternative} // BELT J.Crew {old} // SCARF J.Crew Factory {old; alternative} // BAG LV Speedy 35





Lots of items in this post seen previously here
SHIRT J.Crew // SWEATER Forever21 {old; love this alternative} // DENIM AG Stevie Ankle {old; same style/alternative colors; alternative style/same color} // EARRINGS Kate Spade {alternative colors} // CROSSBODY Coach {old; alternative}


Now it's time for a shopping spree!

I know the sweater I featured in this first outfit set is controversial one, but I happen to love this little beret clad birdie. I'd pair it with my black and white checked shirt, and some boyfriend jeans. I'd capitalize on the brightly colored bird on the sweater by bringing in more brights with my latest Kate Spade gumdrop earrings purchase {loving the orange!} and a bright pink crossbody {we know I love me a crossbody bag}.

Oui, Oui BirdieEARRINGS // SWEATER // SHIRT // BOYFRIEND JEANS // CROSSBODY BAG


I really loved the way the Anthropologie product shots layered this shirt and sweater. I'm stealing their combo brilliance and adding some gorgeous green pants into the mix! I'm currently obsessed with this Coach bag, and no outfit is complete without KS gumdrop studs and some layered necklaces {which, of course, have to include at least one animal friend}.

Floral FrenzySHIRT // SWEATER // CROPPED PANTS // EARRINGS // SATCHEL // BEADED BALL PENDANT //  ELEPHANT PENDANT


Classic black and white stripes seem like the perfect pairing with my polkadot flats. I love them both with these orange corduroy boyfriend cut pants! To keep it from feeling too Halloween-ish, I added in this gorgeous Tory Burch floral bag. Beloved gumdrop studs make another appearance, as well as an awesome horn pendant. And voila! We have ourselves some pattern play.

Pattern PlayTEE // PENDANT // CORDS // SATCHEL // EARRINGS


Still loving stripes, this time I've paired this striped tee with a skirt and some great neutral accents, proving that this loafers were made for walking with pants and skirts alike.


Lucky StripesTEE // EARRINGS // BELT // CROSSBODY BAG // SKIRT


Last up, we're going preppy in pink! I love this cozy velvet blazer atop this lovely dotted chambray blouse; a bright pink pleated skirt felt like the perfect accompaniment. A lovely substantial necklace, gumdrop studs, and a classic bag {loving the clean lines, chain strap, and black and white combo} add in some more pizzazz!

Preppy in Pink: BLAZER // SHIRT // EARRINGS // NECKLACE // SKIRT {on sale!} // BAG


Do you own these loafers? How do you wear them?

4 comments:

Maigen at: September 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM said...

These are all so cute! Especially loving your orange-pants-leopard-scarf outfit! Also, the oui-oui birdie {love the name!} and preppy in pink are so fun! Great looks, and all so unique!

Kerry at: September 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM said...

Thanks! Can't wait to see what y'all come up with! xoxo

KT at: September 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM said...

You are too sexy with those glasses and I dig the bangs a lot! Loving all the mixes of the outfits and my fave is the print mixing of the last with the sweater and green pants!

KT
www.KTRstyle.com

Kerry at: September 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM said...

Thanks, KT!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...