Style That Item: K's Polka Loafers



4 comments
Ever since M and I have been to our last outing at GAP, I've been eyeing these cute little suckers!  They're just adorable!  Have you also seen the chevron print ones?  Super fun too!  Kerry added these pretties to her closet soon after M and I previewed GAP's fall collection and she looks fab in them!

Ready to go do some more shopping?

This first look, is all about the casual work day with bright fall attire.  Sorry for repeating an item!  Kerry also used Jcrew's french hen sweater in her post (the "Oui, oui, birdie" look) and I didn't catch it in time!  I guess that means I did a good job! =) 

school days


J.Crew french hen sweater / J.Crew flannel shirt / Dorothy Perkins Unicorn crew neck sweater / J.Crew Heart crew neck sweater / J.Crew full skirt / J.Crew peplum suiting jacket / Boyfriend jeans / GAP flat shoes / Rebecca Minkoff studded handbag

K loves layering collared patterned shirts with a fun statement sweater so I thought we'd start with this Jcrew Factory flannel shirt in this fun turquoise.  To tame the pattern and color down, she could top it with any of the solids you see.  She could go either skirt or jeans and then pick up on the turquoise with this Rebecca Minkoff crossbody.  It reminds me of Pink Peonies' bag!

Next up, is a look fit for tromping around on the weekend, also full of the bright color trends for fall.  
weekend excursion

Ted Baker / Madewell vintage t shirt / J.Crew cotton blouse / J.Crew Jardin Maxiskirt / GAP polka dot shoes  / Banana Republic cross body handbag / Tory Burch leather bag / J.Crew bubble necklace / ModCloth Fringe scarve / Anthropologie Leopard belt

A graphic Madewell tee peeking out from my favorite, uber comfortable camp shirt, will look sweet and Parisian.  The fun silhouette and button hem of this cardigan keeps her looking polished and chill free.  Add some grounding camel tones from the textured pom pom scarf, the handsfree bags, and the spotted leopard print belt and she's set for a day around town!  K is also really great about wearing fantastic necklaces with her button ups and we at LCDF all love the  Jcrew bubble necklace!  It'll look fabulous on top of the denim layer.
*The skirt might be a bit voluminous for petite ladies, just fyi.

Finally, fall is making it's way to Texas!  To help us transition into those "cool, but not cold, warm, but not hot" days, this ensemble might be a great choice.

crisp days

Mango chunky cable knit sweater / J.Crew Hip Slung Jean shorts / LOFT Panther Pave bracelet / GAP flat heels / LOFT enamel necklace /Madewell Gelley Karrera Bracelet / J.Crew genuine leather belt / MADEWELL Polka-Dot Kerchief

I was digging through my 2011 Holiday Jcrew catalog and fell in love with a sweater and shorts combination, which inspired this guy!  A warm neutral cable knit sweater screams fall, but the salmon pink shorts keep it sweet and summery for those inbetween days.  Add a polka-dot kerchief tied at the neck, if that's you're thing, with a zebra necklace and black studded bracelet to tie in with the black on her shoes.  I know that K has also wanted to make some gold rimmed bracelets like this pink/gold one and I'm happy to say that Madewell and Etsy both have many options to choose from if she doesn't go the DIY route!

My last look is probably my favorite!  It gets me excited every time!

bear hugs

Dorothy Perkins black shift dress / TopShop bangle / Hansel from Basel sheer hosiery / GAP shoes / Louis Vuitton tote bag / Anthropologie Honeyed Hive earrings / J.Crew horseshoe necklace / Dorothy Perkins / Kate Spade eyeglass / American Eagle 77kids 77 Furry Vest

A long sleeved little black dress fit for cooler weather can be topped with a furry brown vest.  Although, this vest is actually kids (shhhhh), Miss K can probably still fit in it!  Pair it with a great brown belt, some knee pad tights, her horseshoe necklace and Anthro bee earrings, a warm metallic bangle and Mr. Speedy on her arm and she will look so stinkin stylish!  I even included glasses cuz she rocks those, and a fun messy updo to pull it all together.

So there you have it!  Go get yourself some polka loafers!  BTW, huge sales at Jcrew, Factory, and LOFT right now!

4 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: September 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM said...

I love the 'crisp days' look. So cute! Love these loafers.

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Kerry at: September 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM said...

Too many cute looks! My absolute favorite is 'Bear Hugs'! I actually have a furry vest from the kids department already; I got it at Target last winter! Hee hee! You know me well, friend! And that BR Crossbody bag in 'Weekend Excursion' is amazing! I want it! xoxo

Maigen at: September 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM said...

'School days' is my fave! Such a fun, spunky look, perfect for K! Also, I waaaannnnnt the cardi & bike tee from 'weekend excursion'!

*M

Isabel at: September 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM said...

Thanks, Amy! So glad you love to stop by our blog! We love having you here!

@Kerry - YOU LIKE IT?!! AHH, then I'm so proud of myself!

@Maigen - I sooo want those two items as well!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...