Style That Item: Maigen's West Elm Dresser



5 comments
Good Monday morning, friends! I hope that everyone is enjoying a wonderful Labor Day holiday!



This week's Style That Item features Maigen's soon-to-be-acquired West Elm Wood Tiled 6-Drawer Dresser, as seen below. Isn't she lovely?!

This pretty piece is going to be used in her new neutral bedroom with listerine green accents, which is all sorts of awesome {as seen here}. She will house her television on it, and is seeking some suggestions on what other accessories to bring in to add to the already gorgeous room she's styled. All of my suggestions are extremely {if not exactly} similar in accessories; I just varied the television placement or eliminated the television all together.



My first layout suggestion would incorporate Maigen's television, with an awesome lucite tray filled with pretty accessories. I would stack the collection of stylish books inside the tray, maybe even with the owl perched atop.



My next suggestion is to mount the television on the wall to free up more tabletop space, enabling more beautiful accessories to grace her space. Instead of stacking the books in the tray, I would place the books inside the delightfully cheery golden pig bookends {duh!}. What I love most about this option is that there's plenty of room for that beautiful little birdie tray {for Maigen's odds-and-ends jewelry and accessories, which she has an enviable collection of, btw}, which brings in even more listerine green.




My final option probably isn't an actual option for Maigen at all, but if she decides to nix the television all together, here's my styling suggestion. {Again, pointing out the obvious, the books would be inside the bookends.}



Now it's time for an accessories breakdown, and a few notes on these pieces...

1 I love the gorgeous detailing of this mirror; it's stunning and substantial and really ties in together nicely with Maigen's bedroom! 
2 Domino: The Book of Decorating brings in some hefty eye candy inspiration on the inside pages, and more listerine green beauty with its gorgeous cover. 
3 The Gospel According to Coco Chanel is a book every gal stylish should own, and Maigen definitely falls into this category. 
4 CB2's Golden Pig Bookends make me smile, and they're totally affordable, making me smile even more!
5 The Fashion Coloring Book brings out the inner child in every fashionista; maybe it's the former-first grade teacher in me, but I still love to color!
6 The Elements of Style is a must!
7 I love this gorgeous vase from Anthropologie, and I know Maigen will appreciate its pop of orange! 
8 You cannot go wrong with Capri Blue's heavenly Volcano candles, and I love the gorgeous listerine green vessel that houses this version. 
9 This tray is precious, and Maigen can score it on the discount with her WE job perks!
10 Again WE perks can come into play with the purchase of this adorable owl. 
11 I'm obsessed with this lucite tray. OB-SESSED. What a great way to add in a modern piece!


There you have it, Maigen! I hope I gave you some fresh ideas for that gorgeous bedroom of yours. I can't wait to see what Maigen and Isabel create, and even more so how Maigen chooses to style her dresser in real life!

HAPPY LABOR DAY!


5 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: September 3, 2012 at 2:51 PM said...

I like the idea of the tv being mounted on the wall. I like the ideas you came up with! Love the little owl.

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Kerry at: September 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM said...

I agree, Amy! That's my favorite too! And the little owl is to die for!

Thanks so much! xoxo K

Maigen at: September 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM said...

Haha! You know me so well! 1st of all, I already have the Domino & Chanel books! 2nd, that candle from Anthro has been on my wish list for a while {you should SMELL it! Amazing}! 3rd, I am so adding those piggies to my wish list now! :) Awesome job!

I am going to have to start looking at your posts before doing mine, though!! Even though they are VERY different, there are a couple of random & freakishly similar moments in our designs! {I promise I'm not a copy cat!} You'll see what I mean! ;)

*M

Kerry at: September 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM said...

Thanks, Maigen!!

I love that you already own 2 of those books! And yes, Capri Blue Volcano candles are the best; they're the only ones I burn in my house.

You're right about freakishly similar moments in our designs! Hahaha I can't help but pat myself on the back that I can come up with anything that resembles what you'd do!

xoxoK

Isabel at: September 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM said...

Love mirror. check. Love owl. check. Love piggie. check. Love the prettiness of the books and their content. check. Love the happy color scheme. check.

I guess I could just say I love it all! It's soooo pulled together - great job, K!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...