Style That Item: My {Almost} Wood-Tiled Dresser!



3 comments
Okay, so, technically, I'm about to get this dresser.  So, it's not mine yet, but will be in a couple of weeks!  Yay!   {And did you see Kerry's beautiful rendition?  I adore it!  She has such great taste!}
Y'all may know that my original plan is to use this in my new neutral bedroom
I'm thinking ahead, though, to the day I get my townhouse and will probably be ready for a new set-up...

There is this room.  It's from House Beautiful, I think {design by Myrna Hoefer}...
Unfortunately, I couldn't ever find it online, and snapped these photos before my recent move from the actual magazine.  And now, it's lost in a box somewhere...

But, I have been carrying the magazine around with me for years.  Because this room is just so pretty {it's mainly the colors and velvet I adore} and I love it!  I knew it was good when I brought out the mag to show my mom the room and she said she had torn out the exact same room from her magazine to save when the mag got tossed!  My mom has impeccable taste, so I was really proud of my find!
I wish the photos were better... But, basically, there is a lush purple velvet, slate grey silk, creamy off-white and tan, lots of metallic gold, and citrine green accents {which look more yellow in my shots}.
I think my dresser would make a nice console in such a room...  My version will, of course, be more modern in flavor, but I still want to bring in some of the beautiful traditional elements seen above.

Here is the, perhaps overwhelming, overview:
Now, I'm going to break it down into sections, to make it a little less cluttered!  I have always wanted the Harrison sofa from Z Gallerie, it is the most luxurious dark grey velvet...
Linen pendant / 2 Cream leather Barcelona chairs {my fabulous mom's current wishlist items} / Aubergine Pierre chair / Timber coffee table
I like this cool side-table table from Restoration Hardware, it's inspired by 20th century aircraft turbines.  Sweet.
coasters / Bri vase
Of course, I'm a sucker for a few carefully chosen coffee table books.  I would stack these up in this raffia tray and set this rad gold skull on top!
The New French Interior / The Great Gatsby {this yellow edition} / Vogue: The Covers
Now for the actual dresser.  I would hang a beautiful picture behind it and use a few accessories on its top.

Gia vase / candlestick / table lamp / Paris City Lights / jewelry box
Now, I think I want to paint the room this pretty limey color.  But, I would paint one wall first {whichever I would prefer to have as an accent wall} and if the color is too bright, I would use a soft grey on all the other walls.  I'm obsessed with over-dyed rugs lately and these Anthro curtains have always had a place in my heart!
Benjamin Moore Sheep's Wool & Limelight paint / rug / curtains
I love throw pillows.  I probably go overboard, if you want the truth!  But, oh well.  That's my thing, I guess.  Hey, nobody's perfect.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

And, of course, no room is complete without some fabulous throw blankets!
spreading landscape throw in lime / Lazo throw in platinum

Of course, I would have lots of art and pictures on the walls.  Here is a sample:
Pirouette 1 {I love the metallic gold in this abstract painting} / Day at the Beach {this kind of reminds me of Kerry's Destin picture.  I love the vintage feel of it.} / Golden Possibilities

Have you gotten any of your wishlist furniture items lately?  Do tell! :)

3 comments:

Kerry at: September 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM said...

Uhm, this is gorgeous perfection. I love it. I'm obsessed.

The aubergine and citron are gorgeous together, and I love all of the details. You're totally killing me with the skull. Perfect. BRAVO.

xoxoK

Maigen at: September 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM said...

Thanks! I felt the same way about your design!!

It's a problem, my wish list has grown exponentially while "shopping" for items for these posts! ;)

*M

Isabel at: September 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM said...

WOW! This look is AMAZING! I know I told you at FNO how much I loved it, but I'm saying it again! That aubergine is BEAUTIFUL and I love the look of the Pierre sofa - PLUS it's velvet!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...