Art Night Out {What to Wear... Where?}



9 comments
Many thanks to blogger friend Lilly for reaching out and extending a personal invite {she knows how to make us femmes feel gosh darn special} to participate in this edition of What to Wear... Where!


This week focuses on Art Night Out - those sleek ensembles most perfect for gallery, museum, or theatre nights. Oooh, la la!

Here are our takes!

Maigen
So, in looking for pieces for my looks, I stumbled across these two looks on Nordstrom.com.  Both were so perfect, I decided to just leave them alone.  These aren't my only contribution, but I would love to wear either to an art gallery, play or anywhere fabulous, really!
left  / right

I mean, perfect.  Right?!

On to some original stuff, though...

I like this mixed media dress and wanted to make it really glitzy and funky with jewelry.  In case it gets chilly, a big, cozy boyfriend sweater is a touch of casual and brings in the irony that I always crave!
   cardi / wide leopard bracelet /  thin leopard bracelet / necklace / dress / clutch / metallic flats / Dying over this belt

The next look is dressier, for the opera or a play.  I love the fishbone earrings with this super-shiny dress!  The ladylike coat knocks down the drama a bit for rubbing elbows with beau monde grannies in the theater lobby.
coat / earrings / In LOVE with this clutch / sequined striped dress / I always like a choice of shoe.  Either these hot, hot booties or some more practical flats 

This last look is a little less dressy, and would work at an art gallery opening or at a concert {and I don't mean Justin Bieber}!  I couldn't choose a pair of pants.  I like all three, and any of them would look awesome with this look!
goldened clutch / asymmetrical top / pave' heart necklace / coated skinny jeans in blackberry / metallic snakeskin print skinny jeans / metallic jeans / Incredible fur boots / My latest obsession is this MAJOR statement bracelet 

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for this fabulous challenge! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kerry

Hearing Art Night Out my mind instantly generated the words black, leather, sparkle, edgy, sleek, modern, and the like. You'll notice that my first two looks capitalize big time on those words, but I challenged myself to do something a little bit different for my final look. I also love the premise of this edition of What to Wear... Where?, as I am about to attend Chihuly Nights {definitely a very, very casual Art Night Out ensemble is in store}, and will be posting what I wore sometime soon.

My instant go-to was DVF. I knew that I could easily find many options that could assist me in creating a look that was perfect for an Art Night Out. While I always gravitate toward her wrap dresses, something different caught my eye this time. This gorgeous sequin sweater dress was it, and aside from making grabby hands at it and pondering how to convince my husband that I needed to add it to my closet now, I knew that I had to use it as an element in my looks. For this first variation, I pair the dress with some opaque tights and black suede pumps. I adore this Rebecca Minkoff bag; it feels tough and timeless, and keeps your hands free to grab any hors d'oeuvres or cocktails {though it would be a mock-tail for moi} that come your way. I love the juxtaposition of the feminine sparkle and masculine spear shape of the ring. Scrunch up those sleeves to show off those bracelets, wear your hair in a sassy topknot, and finish the look with my beloved stud-earring favorite: the Kate Spade gumdrop.


ART NIGHT OUT :: with an edge
BRACELET 1 // BRACELET 2 // STUDS // RING // DRESS // BAG // TIGHTS // HEELS


Continuing in the same vein, I decided to take many of the elements from the first look, and up the edge ante with some gorgeous leather leggings. And I don't know about you, but I'm obsessed with those J.Crew gold-toed pumps. OB-SESSED, y'all. They add instant sex-appeal and edge to any look. Meow.


ART NIGHT OUT :: with even more edge
BRACELET 1 // BRACELET 2 // STUDS // RING // DRESS // BAG // PANTS // HEELS



Now going in the opposite direction color palette wise, this last look brings in some lovely art deco details. My starting point was this art deco bag that I love so much; I used it in a previous look for Lilly, and since it continues to tug at my fashion heartstrings, I just had to use it again. I love the mix of colors and the sparkle, plus it's a steal, coming in at under $50. Using the clutch as my main inspiration, I pulled in mint green and light pink accessories to compliment the look. The navy jumpsuit serves as a great neutral {Rachel Zoe killed it with this piece}, allowing all of the accents to have their moments in the spotlight.


ART NIGHT OUT :: deco diva



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks again for the invite to participate, Lilly! We had a grand time creating our looks!

Make sure you check out Lilly's post for lots of great ideas for an Art Night Out in the DFW!

xx LCDF

9 comments:

Lilly at: October 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM said...

Y'all put the "beyond" in above and beyond. I love all of these unique and gorgeous outfits! I think all of Maigen's accessories need their own space in a musuem. And Kerry, thank you for replaying that handbag so I can put it on my sister's Christmas list! She has not stopped mentioning it since you added it to my coral dress, which I still swear I would have worn all wrong if not for your collective wisdom! You girls are so fun I love having you as blog friends.

Helene at: October 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM said...

WOW! Super cute, everything is adorable.

Helene at: October 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM said...

hey I know I already commented but just wanted to give you a heads up that I nominated you for a Liebster award!! Helene in Between

Lisa - respect the shoes at: October 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM said...

The museum strolling outfit is my fave - that Lulu Frost necklace is killer gorge!

Kerry at: October 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM said...

Ditto on the two pre-styled Nordstrom looks AND ditto to Lisa on the Museum Strolling outfit being my favorite! That's pretty much perfection, Maigen! Brilliant as usual.

Thanks, Lilly! I'm so happy I assisted you in getting some Christmas shopping done for your sister! We're so happy to have you as a fabulous blog friend, too!

Thanks, Helene!

xoxo

Maigen at: October 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM said...

Thanks, you fabulous bloggy ladies! :) This was so fun!

All of you awesome bloggers are such great inspirations to us over here at LCDF!

*M

phiphis blog at: October 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM said...

these are all such a great looks - i can't pick a favourite!

gorgeous!

phiphi's blog

fauxionista.com at: October 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog, Maigen! I love the two Nordies look that you picked and that mixed media dress looks comfy!

Kerry, loving the cap-toe heels you picked. They make a subtle statement and so classic! :)

Kerry at: October 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

Thanks, PhiPhi and Fauxionista! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...