Chihuly Nights {Kerry's Monthly Love}



4 comments


Dalles and I attended Chihuly Nights at the Dallas Arboretum this past Thursday evening, and it was stunning
Foreground: Neodymium Reeds and Mirrored Hornets; Background: Scarlet Asymmetrical Tower and Yellow Asymmetrical Tower :: This was by far my very favorite installment.
I've long been a fan of Dale Chihuly's work. I first became acquainted with him because of his gorgeous glass installment at the Dallas Museum of Art. It's always been my favorite part of the museum; a stunning view to bid you farewell. So when I heard that his glass sculptures were making their way to the Dallas Arboretum, and that they were going to be illuminated at night, I knew Dalles and I had to go see the beauties ourselves. I bought tickets back in July and decided then that late October would be the best time to go so that we could enjoy cooler temps. And that we did, y'all! A cold-front blew in Thursday afternoon, dropping thermometers to read in the low 50s. It was perfect! I also opted to get tickets for a Thursday night so that we could also enjoy their concert series, and the Dallas Wind Symphony definitely added to the ambiance as we strolled from sculpture to sculpture. 

Here are a few of my favorites...
Float Boat and Carnival Boat

Persian Pond

The Sun

Blue Fiddleheads

Ruby Fiddleheads

Dallas Star

Yellow Icicle Tower

Mexican Hat Tower
Unfortunately Chihuly Nights is sold out, but you can still see the sculptures during the day. It's only happening until November 5, so go see it before time runs out! POST EDIT: Thanks to Lilly for alerting me that they've extended Chihuly Nights through December! Holla! Now go buy your tickets and see it!


And this is totally-unplanned-perfect-timing with this week's What to Wear... Where? post that we participated in that focused on Arts Night Out ensemble ideas. Since it was cold and drizzly and we were doing a lot of walking, I wasn't exactly a fashion sight to behold... but thankfully my outfit kept me comfortable and warm.



SWEATER {J.Crew, old; alternative} // TOP {Nordstrom, old} // SCARF {J.Crew Factory, old; alternative} // DENIM {AG Stevie, old; alternative} // BOOTS

Hope everyone is enjoying the last weekend of October!


4 comments:

SewPetiteGal at: October 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM said...

Oh wow, I agree - stunning! Also loving your boots and the animal print scarf :)

Lilly at: October 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM said...

Love your photos from this perfect Dallas date night! We went at the beginning of the summer for the Petty Theft concert. I love your fall outfit! I just read where it's going to be extended through the year, so I might have to return for a cocoa walk through!

Kerry at: October 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM said...

Thanks, SPG! I wasn't so sure about those boots for awhile, since they are so tall on my little stubby legs; I don't think they do them any favors. But my husband loves them and convinced me to keep them, and I'm glad that I did. : )

Thank you so much for letting me know they are keeping it going, Lilly! I agree that a cocoa walk through sounds perfect! It is definitely a great Dallas date night : )

xoxo

Maigen at: October 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM said...

Awesome! I can't wait to go see this! My faves {from your pics} are the Sun & the Dallas Star! Rad!

You, of course, look totally adorable! :)

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...