Gone Batty!



6 comments
It's the most wonderful time of the year! The weather is getting cooler {holla!}; the monarch butterflies are making their annual migration to Mexico via Dallas, so multitudinous monarchs are all around {making me squeal with delight}; the leaves are changing color {rather subtly} in these Texan parts; and last but not least, my home will be decorated with festive decor until January!

First up on the decorating docket is Halloween. I've accumulated several Halloween decorations throughout the years, but this year I added my two favoritest of all favorite decorations! But first, a little backstory...

I always wanted to make my own bat garland, but then I realized two things: 1} I'm too lazy and 2} I'm too unskilled to do so. So I took my typing fingers to Etsy, where I came across Couture by Ayca. Based out of Turkey, this shop has some of the cutest garlands and adornments around. I instantly fell in love with this felted Orange and Black Bat Garland and this simple card stock Bat Garland. A few clicks later, and they were on their way to being mine. {I would have also ordered this one, but I knew it would scare my sister, and though it is the emotion of the season, I just couldn't do that to her every time she visited.}

Say "Boo" my Halloween-ified home, y'all.




{Happy Halloween banner purchased from Target 2 years ago}

I love these decorations so much that I'll be sad to take them down, but at least I have Thanksgiving and the grandest of all decorating holidays, Christmas, to take away some of the sting.

Do you get giddy decorating for holidays, too?

6 comments:

Maigen at: October 9, 2012 at 8:11 AM said...

Your place looks fab! I love the bats hanging from the chandi the best! They really look like they're flying there!

I also love the butterflies! The other day, I saw one with such big, pretty wings! Double-yay for Halloween-colored insects! :)

*M

Maigen at: October 9, 2012 at 8:12 AM said...

Your place looks fab! I love the bats hanging from the chandi the best! They really look like they're flying there!

I also love the butterflies! The other day, I saw one with such big, pretty wings! Double-yay for Halloween-colored insects! :)

*M

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design at: October 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM said...

Aw the bats are so cute! I love them!

eliz at: October 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM said...

Awww love the simple decor....very chic

Giovanna at: October 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM said...

Loving your decor! The bats are my fave!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Kerry at: October 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm in love with my bats! They make me happy every time I see them! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...