I'm just no Sporty-Spice



4 comments
I hired a personal trainer, y'all.  I went through some really tough times recently  that have manifested themselves as a nice round tummy {no, that's a food baby} and some chunky thighs.  No bueno. 

Since my re-awakening, I have decided to start living again and to change, well, almost everything in my life.  I have just moved to a new apartment {pre-epiphany}, have decided to start volunteering with the Make a Wish Foundation, am about to publish a couple of e-books and become a famous author, and am now going to get in shape.  And get a new hair-do.  And I am seriously considering going by "Coco" from now on.  I love it, and what are the chances my future husband will let me name my daughter that?  None.  No chance.  But, if I'm Coco, he won't have a choice, now, will he?

Anywho.  I remembered today why I never played sports. 

Although I appear to be giving the "thumbs-up," I am definitely not pleased.  The thumb doesn't even look as purple and black and swollen in the photo as it is in real life... Don't you just hate that?  It's like when you really hurt yourself and then it isn't bleeding profusely, which seems to be the only way to prove the pain is really bad to other people.
Yes.  I bruised the CRAP out of my thumb.  Throwing and catching a medicine ball with the trainer.  Any kind of sporty activity that involves anyone else is usually a bad idea.  This is why team-sports have never been my thing.  I'm so accident-prone, and playing with others usually just makes them feel bad because I always get hurt {cue memory of getting spiked in the face with a volleyball by a girl who was later recruited by a really good college for volleyball... So, umm, yeah, it wasn't just your average schmo tossing a ball over the net.  And I took it RIGHT in the kisser}. 
I've always more of a ballet, yoga, even kick-boxing/karate girl {I never competed, so the only person who could hurt me was the inanimate punching bag}.  Even while trying to be athletic on my own, there are issues {try flashing practically everyone on my cruise when I tried to body-board on the "flow rider," lost control, and in trying to keep my bathing suit bottoms from falling off {which they were}, my top came way up.}  Yeah, this is my life.  It's better when I stay indoors and don't try to move much.  

How sporty are you?  Or, are you more like me when it comes to sports? 

4 comments:

Lilly at: October 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM said...

To borrow from E.T.: ouch!! I am so nonathletic and applaud your efforts re: life all around. As someone who has a desire to be active but lacks the coordination to do so in the ways that are normal to our society, I have become quite the barre workout phenomenon enthusiast! There are some fun studios in Dallas that do classes. I got some DVDs off of Amazon first to make sure I had an idea of what was going on before I went to class and humiliated myself. Congrats on your new direction - it all sounds fab!

Lilly

Maigen at: October 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM said...

Oooh, thanks for the tip, Lilly! I will definitely look into the barre workout thing! I'm on the lookout for fun, new things to keep me interested in working out!

*M

Kerry at: October 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM said...

Ouch! : /

I'm not sporty by any means, but I can run when my bum knee cooperates and workout. I love Physique 57 and Tracy Anderson DVDs. They're my faves since I'm too lazy to leave the house and go to the gym, so I have to have good workout options at home.

What are you going to be doing with Make A Wish?

swashbuckler5 at: April 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM said...

Hey! I was playing volleyball and my thumb now looks exactly like yours... it's even a deeper purple and slightly bigger as you mentioned. Could you tell me how long it took before it got back to normal? And how long before you could do normal things with your thumb?

Thanks, I really appreciate anything you could tell me. At first I thought it was a pinched nerve or vein or something like that, but now it looks just like an internal bruise.

Aris

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...