Inspired by Emerson Fry



5 comments
I've been thinking nonstop about this look ever since I first spotted {and instantly repinned!} it on Pinterest. It consumed my thoughts mostly because 1} It's simple perfection, and 2} I own very similar counterparts to 3 out of the 4 pieces, and I knew I could recreate it pretty easily. Upon further clicking, I discovered that this perfection comes courtesy of none other than the genius of Emerson Fry



I did feel dismay upon discovering the cost of the one item I needed to recreate this look: the dress. $285 + anticipated alterations costs definitely made me frown... and caused my wallet to shudder. In fact, if one were hoping to wear this entire outfit, they're looking at around $1200. Yikes! {Granted, all of the pieces are perfect neutrals, so they can be mixed and remixed time and time again allowing your cost-per-wear to be much more wallet-friendly.} 



Thankfully I'm only looking to add one item to my closet, and I was able to find a great alternative for less. And, it comes in petite {thank you Anthropologie!}, so hopefully I'll keep those alteration needs at bay. If you're looking to replicate this look for much less {around $370 (with 30% off the trench)}, then here you go, friend! 
*POST EDIT: Score that turtleneck for 25% off with code BRCREATE until 10/21

What's been your favorite Pinterest fashion find of late? 

5 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: October 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM said...

I haven't browsed on pinterest in a long time. (For fashion, that is.) I love finding similar items for less. F21 is my favorite place to do that!

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Kerry at: October 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM said...

I agree, Amy! F21 is a great place for finding items for less. But I have to say that I often get overwhelmed browsing in store; it always feels too cluttered to me, so I can only go there if I'm in a digging mood. : )

Maigen at: October 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM said...

Super cute! You will look so adorable in this! :)

*M

Malin Aldhagen at: October 21, 2012 at 6:03 AM said...

Lovely blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

Love,
Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

Maigen at: October 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM said...

So glad you like LCDF, Malin! I followed your awesome blog on bloglovin' and tried to leave a comment, but my language barrier may have made me delete it instead of submit it?? Or, perhaps, it did submit it! It's hard to tell! ;) LOL, I even have Swedish ancestors! Lot of good that did me!

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...