My Civic Duty



0 comments

I early-voted last week.  Felt pretty good about it.  It was freaking cold and windy and I stood in a loooong line outside waiting to get into the fire station where the polling booths were. 
After I voted, I walked out, humming "Hail to the Chief."  In my head, though, were the words from this old movie, "My Fellow Americans."  Just over and over. 
I don't even remember this movie.  But, I have always remembered James Garner's version of the song and will probably never hear it without thinking of these lyrics!  Crazy what the mind retains!  I can't remember birthdays, my SAT score, or even what I had for breakfast yesterday.  Maybe what I DO remember is in direct correlation with its awesomeness.  Which would make sense, in this example!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...