Style That Item: Maigen's Fringed Wine Clutch



4 comments


I covet Maigen's sexy {and affordable!} fringed wine clutch from Target. It is no understatement to say that she has an enviable collection of accessories, and this bad boy fits right in with all of her goodness!


Here's how I think Maigen should rock her fringe!

My first look is 1000000000% inspired by this look that I spotted in an email I received from Forever 21 a few weeks ago. I instantly thought of Maigen's clutch because of all the wine accessories. I wanted to purchase every single item myself, and I think Maigen could garner some inspiration from the look as well. I think this look is such a great office appropriate look that still allows one to show-off a fashionable side. Well, done F21! 


Since not every item featured in the look was available on the F21 website, I pulled items from various retailers. I ended up creating two versions of the look; the cardigan, top, and skirt are the only three things that vary amongst the versions, but I think they make a marked difference. The first version would capitalize on Maigen's gorgeous blue eyes with that lovely navy turtleneck. The skirt in this set is a bit longer, making it more modest.
BROOCHES // Clockwise from top right: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
BRACELETS // Clockwise from top right: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7


Trying to get even closer in replication to the original outfit, this second version of Workday Wine has a gorgeously hued cozy cardigan. Again, I think the blue will really draw one's attention to Maigen's stunning blue eyes.
BROOCHES // Clockwise from top right: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
BRACELETS // Clockwise from top right: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7



I adore winter whites, so I knew that I wanted to transform Maigen into Snow White {her wine clutch could be the stand-in for the poison apple}. In looking for items for this post, I came across this look from Piperlime and thought it nothing short of perfection. I knew I had to include it in the set. Thanks, Piperlime, for making my job easier!

EARRINGS // SWEATER // BELT // SKIRT {on sale!} // HEELS


This next outfit is probably my most favorite! I love Maigen in turquoise {have I mentioned how gorgeous her eyes look when she's wearing blue?!}, and I especially love leopard print with this color. I'm kind of obsessed with those booties! Add in tattered denim, some sparkly bracelets {one of which is a jaguar... rawr}, and my favorite earrings of the moment, and I think we have a great compliment to Maigen's clutch. I love how rock n' roll this look is; seeing Maigen in it might have people singing like Sia, "Hey I heard you were a Wild One... Oooooh ooooh ooooooh oooooh!" Or maybe that's just me!?



I adore wine paired with hot pink. It must be because of the gorgeous complimentary combination of analogous colors that Molly taught us about. I like the idea of keeping the clothing very neutral while adding in analogous pops of color with the shoes and bag to make it be not so serious and brighten the ensemble up. I think the Pop of Pink really makes this outfit. I can totally see Maigen rocking this look. She can up the 70s ante by wearing this bad boy in black.
CAPE // BLOUSE // PANTS // CUFF // STUDS // RING // HEELS



For this final look, I want to turn Maigen into a Ladylike Leopard with this lovely dress; don't you just love the bow at the neckline?! I really love the dress with these Chanel-esque flats, especially since Maigen recently expressed how her practical side has her reaching for flats much more these days. Perhaps my favorite part of this ensemble is the second bracelet. It is engraved on the inside with the words, "this is the year to" and the outer engraving says, "be a firecracker, take a road trip, dance till dawn, wear red, master the bow tie, embrace color" - I just found it to be a pretty perfect sentiment for Maigen's reawakening. I would love to see Maigen rock this look with a fierce topknot, and maybe even a red lip, which will all be stunning with her new platinum blonde locks {totally obsessed}.


I can't wait to see how M and I style Maigen's fringed wine clutch!

Happy Monday, y'all!


4 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes at: October 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM said...

You're right, that F21 outfit is fantastic, I want every single piece myself. The wine-hued touches are perfect!

Kerry at: October 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM said...

You would rock that F21 look, Lisa!

Maigen at: October 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM said...

Wow, K, another awesome post! I love all of these, but my fave is Pop of Pink! I love the retro feeling of it! And I want pretty much all of the pieces!
I also really, really love Wild One {I remember those earrings!} and Ladylike Leopard {that is totally me}!
Fabulous looks, as always! :)

*M

Kerry at: October 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM said...

Thanks, friend!! So glad you loved the looks! I thought you'd love the retro vibe of Pop of Pink! I was really hoping I was spot on (haha) with Ladylike Leopard! : ) I want to wear Wild One all day every day. xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...