Style That Item: My Burgundy Clutch



5 comments

Don't you just love the outfits Kerry posted to wear with my clutch?! 

I was instantly drawn to this clutch because of the color, the rock-n-roll fringe and the chevron stitching.  The price didn't hurt, either!  And, although it was a Target find, it looks much more expensive in real life than the mere 20 bucks I paid!   
I really wanted to do a combo of mint & burgundy for this "Style That Item".   I had seen a girl shopping in this blouse and asked her where she got it.  I was thrilled to learn that it wasn't from Nordstrom {it looked pretty expensive}, which I fully expected, but from the very affordable Forever 21! 
Gorgeous Anthro earrings / I really want this blouse! / headband / jeans / tall cognac boots minties
Next, I was thinking about a lavendar slouchy blouse.  I couldn't find what I wanted in any stores, but the one below is from Brewing Happiness Blog and was a vintage find.  It's basically exactly what I had pictured!  I would wear this look bumming around town and running errands and then to dinner!
earrings / lavendar silk shirt via  / sunnies / cords / disc necklace / fox necklace / I ordered these cute "snakeskin" slides at an incredibly low price!
It's so funny that Kerry wanted to pair my clutch with hot pink!  We were totally on the same page!  I loved her retro spin on it, especially the cape and those SHOES!  I took it a little more preppy with navy velvet, plaid, and lots of gold!
white tank / floral blouse / Dying for this navy velvet blazer!  / necklace / Amazing gold watch / I've got this hot pink pony belt and it's super bright! / Nothing like some fun, preppy loafers / jeans / Think I may need these earrings!
Originally, I wanted to do a strictly cream & black look, but I couldn't resist pairing an animal print scarf with this fabulous sequined tee!

earrings / scarf / zigzag sequin tee / boyfriend jeans / loafers
This last look is for awesomely cool fall days {of which I'm hoping to see a LOT more of in the near future, but you never know here in Texas}!  
earrings / I am in LOVE with this J Crew coral coat / My very own floppy burgundy felt hat {no longer available} that I have been trying to style, so this takes care of both! / I really like the plaid shirt the coat is styled with for this look, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore, so another option is this awesome blouse / jeans / ring / flats {also seen here and here, yes, I love these!}
Well, that's what I've got!  Have you found any great, inexpensive accessories lately?  Where?! 

5 comments:

Helene at: October 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM said...

I am obsessed, really obsessed with maroon things. I did not go to Texas A&M but I just think its a great pop of color with everything. Love those looks- esp the mint choc chip!
Do Dallas Cheap

Maigen at: October 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM said...

Thanks, Helene!! :). I've only recently added the color to my wardrobe, but I am loving it!

Thanks for following our blog, too!

*M

Meg {henninglove} at: October 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM said...

can i have all of those outfits in my closet please!! i love each and every pairing with that burgundy clutch it is fabulous

Kerry at: October 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM said...

I'm IN LOVE with Prep School (I totally want that blouse and the pairing with the plaid is genius), but these are all knock-my-socks-off amazing!! Great job!!

I love those snakeskin slides that you bought! Can't wait to see them in person!

xoxo

Maigen at: October 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM said...

Thanks, Meg! :) wish I could afford to buy it all, but, alas, that is only in my dreams!! ;)

Kerry, prep school is my fave, too!! Thanks for the sweet compliment! I absolutely loved all your looks too!! And, I am just praying the shoes even fit! I had to order a half size smaller than I normally wear at that store because they were marked down to such an amazing price! (If not, I will be Cinderellaing those bad boys) :) yay for clearance!!

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...